Snarky Brides
Options

Ex-GF invite snark

So this is my first snark but I just needed to get this out, I got legitimately pissed when this came in the mail. First FI got an invite to the bridal shower (just him - not a couples shower) of his high school GF.  I thought it was odd but didn't really care. Naturally it included multiple pieces of registry information. Then comes the wedding invitation addressed only to FI. So I look at the inner envelope and of course it is addressed to FI and guest. Granted I have never met this girl but she took the time to get a new address for him but couldn't take the time to find out the name of is wife-to-be whom he has been with for over 3 years? Not that we would have gone anyway but it still irks me. 

Re: Ex-GF invite snark

• Options
    Yea, it's always super insulting when people can easily figure out your name and choose not to. I wouldn't chalk this up to it being an ex though, like she's trying to spite you. This is way more common (unfortunately) than you'd think.

Y'all could always decline if you're super insulted and/or you just don't really want to go.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    That's pretty rude. I'm sure she had ways to find out your name. 

Here's a story to make you feel better. My H dated this girl for 12 years starting when they were 16. My H stayed very good friends with her twin sister and her older brother. So, when it came time to make our invite list, we included the ex-girlfriend. Well, she came to the wedding and acted like a total asshole. She introduced herself to people as my H's ex-wife (they were never engaged, let alone married) and then badgered by MIL multiples times asking who paid for our wedding! 
  • Options

Yea, it's always super insulting when people can easily figure out your name and choose not to. I wouldn't chalk this up to it being an ex though, like she's trying to spite you. This is way more common (unfortunately) than you'd think.

Y'all could always decline if you're super insulted and/or you just don't really want to go.

Yeah I'm thinking she was probably trying to spite you, even though that's incredible rude. 

We've had an invite or two that said FI and guest. It irks me to no end because we've been together almost 7 years. You should know my name by now and if you don't we are in a FB relationship so it's pretty easy to find out. I made a point to include ALL gf/bfs by name because of how much it bugs me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

That's pretty rude. I'm sure she had ways to find out your name. 

Here's a story to make you feel better. My H dated this girl for 12 years starting when they were 16. My H stayed very good friends with her twin sister and her older brother. So, when it came time to make our invite list, we included the ex-girlfriend. Well, she came to the wedding and acted like a total asshole. She introduced herself to people as my H's ex-wife (they were never engaged, let alone married) and then badgered by MIL multiples times asking who paid for our wedding! 
    I would have to agree that it's really ridiculously easy to find out someone's name if you really wanted to put the effort into it.

Why someone would ever think it was a good idea to lie about their former relationship status with someone, especially at a wedding....she sounds crazy as hell. I hope she knows what a fool she made of herself! LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    What is the quote....

"Never assume malice when ignorance will suffice."

Something like that. Anywho. I think this might apply. Was it a snub? Maybe but I would just let it roll. I can understand the snark and if she was being mean that is all on her. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards