Snarky Brides

Wedding Wire Thread - Bride's Fiance Not Divorced - Oops!

2»

Re: Wedding Wire Thread - Bride's Fiance Not Divorced - Oops!

• In one of her other posts, that same bride says in terms of finances they are "on their own" for their honeymoon. Well isn't that speshul that you have to pay for your own damn vacation. 
  • redoryx said:

In one of her other posts, that same bride says in terms of finances they are "on their own" for their honeymoon. Well isn't that speshul that you have to pay for your own damn vacation. 

She has some fabulous posts. She would be most welcome on here :) She doesn't feel that her bridesmaids are living up to their duties because they aren't pulling their weight for her 3 day bachlorette. She also doesn't see anything wrong with Honeymoon Registries. 

She'd fit right in here!
  • In one of her other posts, that same bride says in terms of finances they are "on their own" for their honeymoon. Well isn't that speshul that you have to pay for your own damn vacation. 
    She has some fabulous posts. She would be most welcome on here :) She doesn't feel that her bridesmaids are living up to their duties because they aren't pulling their weight for her 3 day bachlorette. She also doesn't see anything wrong with Honeymoon Registries. 

She'd fit right in here!

Bridesmaids duties make me so ragey. I'm so grateful anytime my BMs want to do anything for me. I can't imagine demanding them to anything. None of them could come to my shower last weekend, which was totally fine. It was out of town so I didn't really expect them to, but I wanted to invite them anyway. They all felt so bad and a few sent gifts and stuff. I was like yall really don't have to do all this. I know you have a life outside my wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a "wedding" like this last year (didn't find out til after.) When they were signing the 'license" they signed a blank piece of paper and it's framed in their living room.

You can't be for real with this... its just a blank piece of paper, with their signatures.... in a frame...
    I wish I was kidding.
  • tcnoble said:

littlepep said:

"just remember that saying vows is almost more meaningful than that piece of paper. It's a spiritual thing before its a lawful thing."

Actually no. Not at all. 
    If this is true then I think a few of my fifth graders who decided to hold a "marriage ceremony" at the beginning of the year are married. Because you know... you just need to say vows, no paper required.
    Well hell, if that's the case, then I'm pretty sure a couple of my classmates got married as part of a school project in the 7th grade about the Oregon Trail. There was an "officiant" (another classmate) and they filmed it and everything. I wonder if their current spouses know that they're all one big happy polygamous family, since I doubt a divorce ever happened (that wasn't part of the project...).
  • I find it funny how OP said that she is happy that they found out now and not years down the road after having kids that they are in fact, not really married.  Honey, I am sure that when you went to get that marriage license something would have pinged with the records stating that your FH is actually still married to his ex.

This was my first thought. She clearly doesn't understand how this whole process works.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • YOU GUYS. 

Reading comments and doing math, I think she's getting "married" tomorrow. oh man oh mangoberry I hope she posts all about it on WW 
  • redoryx said:

YOU GUYS. 

Reading comments and doing math, I think she's getting "married" tomorrow. oh man oh mangoberry I hope she posts all about it on WW 
    I will let you know!
  • Yep...just a piece of paper that don't mean shit. Totally meaningless.

Ya know until someone tells you can't have one because you aren't fucking the right gender.
  • After reading a few of the comments I found only one post that understood the importance of a marriage license. Maybe someone should invite SwankyBubbles to The Knot?
    "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

After reading a few of the comments I found only one post that understood the importance of a marriage license. Maybe someone should invite SwankyBubbles to The Knot?

She is already here :)

• I have no idea how you kids manage to keep up with multiple forums.
  • After reading a few of the comments I found only one post that understood the importance of a marriage license. Maybe someone should invite SwankyBubbles to The Knot?

She is already here :)

I thought the name looked familiar.
    "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards