Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Super emotional... ADVICE?

Soo... I am definitely more emotional these days and I cry at wedding shows now.. rich bride, poor bride even! Thats not even sad. lol So I need advice... I know for sure I will be crying down the aisle and its not a simple few tears kinda cry. Its an UGLY face weeping type cry and all the attention makes me nervous. What can I do or think of when I see everyone else crying and to keep myself from getting super emotional before I hit the alter? I don't want my pictures ruined; advice anyone!!?

Re: Super emotional... ADVICE?

• Options
    Ditto!  I cry at ANYTHING wedding-related!  Its awful!  I shared my concern with a close (married) friend and her reply was "Don't worry.  He will do something to piss you off right before so all you have to think about is that and al you have to do is fake a smile and try not to kill him during your vows..."  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Concious Bride was an amazing book - It helped me out a lot Kiss
  • Options
    I thought I would definitely cry during the ceremony, but I found instead that I totally lost it during the rehearsal, but then was fine during the real thing.  A friend who got married a few months before me said the same thing.  I was emotional during the toasts of course and the first few days after the wedding, but during the ceremony, you kind of have an adrenaline thing going on and it was different than I expected.  That may happen for you too.  Let it out during the rehearsal, relish the moment and the emotions then when you're surrounded by your closest loved ones and you're not "on stage" so to speak.
  • Options
    I was the same before my wedding.  The day before, I had a total crying fit, over not being able to find the passports.  I was just overwhelmmed.  I got it all out and on the big day, I was so cool and happy, I don't know what happened?
  • Options
    My advice: feeling so stressed lately with work, the wedding, family, etc. My mom recommended I start taking B-Complex. I started taking it a few times a day and do feel calmer. I got the one that also has Vitamin C in it. Stress weakens your immune system and depletes your Vitamin B. Alcohol also depletes your Vitamin B. So with planning stress and celebratory cocktails, the Vitamin B does take a beating.

Marriage is a milestone and a major life step. And if you're moving house on top of it, as many couples do, that's a lot of stress. Both marriage and moving are in the top 5 stressors that you can feel physically and psychologically for one year. Emotion is to be expected. Embrace it. Take care of yourself and be sure you've got good makeup primer and powder and waterproof mascara. :)
  • Options
    I thought I would cry during the wedding too but I was so busy talking to people, telling myself not to trip as I walked down the aisle, etc that I was dry-eyed the entire time. You might surprise yourself at your wedding.

It's easy to cry at weding stuff on TV or at a friend's wedding because all you're doing is watching. At your own, there are a million things happening and it all goes by so fast that you probably won't shed a tear. Or, at the very least, only a few.
  • Options
    I know the exact moment I'm going to cry - when my parents (yes, I plan on having them both walk me) give me a hug and turn to sit down.  I'm choking up now just thinking about it.  Yes, I cry at just about every wedding-related thing I see, but I believe my years and years of theater experience will keep me 'in character' during the actual ceremony. 

But my father crying always has this effect on me, and I just know he's going to be sobbing.  I was fine going off to college until I hugged him as saw him trying not to cry and his voice break, then I started bawling.  I was fine moving 2000 miles away, but then I saw him tear up and I just broke down, too.

So how do I keep my Dad from crying?!  If I can do that, I can basically guarantee I won't cry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I did the same thing before I got married. When it came to the day, I couldn't stop laughing! It seriously took everything in me to not bust out laughing while walking down the aisle and during the ceremony. My husband was crying, and I am holding back laughter. That's just how my body dealt with my nerves. I think I was just so excited it was all happening and here is my moment after 2 years of planning.

My husband was extremely emotional the entire day. He is always the one that holds everything in. To be honest, the sweetest pictures of him are the ones with a tear down his eye or his mother son dance where he is crying and giving his mom the biggest hug. My sister in law even started crying and I love that picture of her. It really captured the emotion of the day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well, we had planned to do the posed pics beforehand (with some kind of "reveal" since Chris didn't want to see me before, he wanted to be surprised) because I knew I would cry and didn't want to look splotchy in the pictures after! However, because no one in our families (or in Louisiana for that matter) can seem to be on schedule, that didn't happen and he ended up not seeing me until I was walking down the aisle. I cried during our vows like I knew I would- but luckily I had the foresight to get airbrushed makeup and I looked completely fine once I had stopped crying. And I'm generally the crier you descirbe- not remotely graceful or pretty. I call it the ugly cry. But it really turned out ok and one of the sweetest pictures is of Chris wiping my tears away afterward. Give yourself a few minutes after the ceremony so your eyes aren't red, and if your makeup person is worth what you're paying her you will still look great!
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies; Such amazing advice and stories... totally makes me feel calmer and gives me a piece of mind. I have 8 months left to go! Super excited..:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards