Favors

Intimate Ceremony, Large Reception

Hello. I am getting married in July and my mother and my maid of honor want to throw me a bridal shower. Now my fiancé is very shy and we agreed to have a small ceremony (25 people) with just our parents and grandparents at 4PM in the evening and then following at 6PM we will have a reception with all of our friends and family (122 people). The invitations state that we will be married in a private ceremony but we would like them to celebrate with us afterwards at our reception. Now my question is... is it rude to invite all the women who are invited to the reception to the bridal shower as well? They understand that it is a private ceremony but I have some people telling me that it is rude to invite them to the bridal shower and not the actual ceremony. Please help!

Re: Intimate Ceremony, Large Reception

• Hello. I am getting married in July and my mother and my maid of honor want to throw me a bridal shower. Now my fiancé is very shy and we agreed to have a small ceremony (25 people) with just our parents and grandparents at 4PM in the evening and then following at 6PM we will have a reception with all of our friends and family (122 people). The invitations state that we will be married in a private ceremony but we would like them to celebrate with us afterwards at our reception. Now my question is... is it rude to invite all the women who are invited to the reception to the bridal shower as well? They understand that it is a private ceremony but I have some people telling me that it is rude to invite them to the bridal shower and not the actual ceremony. Please help!

Only those guests invited to the entire wedding event are invited to any showers.

Even if you had invited every guest to the wedding ceremony, you would typically not invite ALL those women to a shower. A guest list for a shower should really only include immediate family and close friends.
  • Hello. I am getting married in July and my mother and my maid of honor want to throw me a bridal shower. Now my fiancé is very shy and we agreed to have a small ceremony (25 people) with just our parents and grandparents at 4PM in the evening and then following at 6PM we will have a reception with all of our friends and family (122 people). The invitations state that we will be married in a private ceremony but we would like them to celebrate with us afterwards at our reception. Now my question is... is it rude to invite all the women who are invited to the reception to the bridal shower as well? They understand that it is a private ceremony but I have some people telling me that it is rude to invite them to the bridal shower and not the actual ceremony. Please help!

The wedding ceremony is the thing both the shower and the reception are celebrating, so, yes, it would be rude to invite these people to the shower but not the ceremony. Especially since a shower is a gift giving event -- you're basically telling them, "You are important enough to buy me a gift but you are not important enough to see me actually get married."

They're right.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yes, this is rude. If you want to invite these people to your shower, then they need to be invited to your wedding ceremony AND reception.

Formerly martha1818

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards