Snarky Brides

Hey taxpayers.... FUND MY WEDDING

"I want the taxpayer to
fund my £10,000 dream wedding - it's a basic human right to be a bride. I
don't see why I should have a small wedding at a registry office - I
wouldn't be able to fit in all my guests and a church wedding is far
more romantic."

Jesus christ, woman. Bridezilla indeed.

About $1450 CAD/month in benefits that she spends on bills, dog food, cigarettes and nights out at Ye Olde Pub... gee, I wonder where you can cut from your budget to get you closer to your dream wedding?

Or how about, you know, HAVING A WEDDING WITHIN YOUR BUDGET?!

This got we way too riled up on a Thursday evening...

Re: Hey taxpayers.... FUND MY WEDDING

• japlanetjaplanet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    This . .  this is from the Onion, right??

Please?

• Wow.

Sorry, I already got my rage out reading a "I don't love my 4 year old step son whom I've been the only living mom to since he was 2" post on the bump. 

But this is fucked up too. 

Bitch.

Anniversary
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    These lines made me rage-y: 

"The Gillingham resident claims it is her 'basic human right' to be a bride and says that tying the knot would boost her fragile confidence and encourage her to try and find a job again."

"I'm stuck in a rut at the moment and can't find the motivation to lose weight, but if I was getting married I know I'd slim down because all eyes would be on me."

You have a fiance. You are planning a wedding. YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED. Also, these statements scream "manipulative liar" to me. "Take pity on me because I am fat and poor, but I will get my life together if you give me my dream princess wedding!". Somehow I don't believe that for one second, and it seems like a ruse to get more sympathy for her cause. I'm all for basic human rights and being able to afford to eat, but people like this who try to take advantage of welfare systems drive me crazy. 

ETA: I would actually have more sympathy if she said something along the lines of "I am working to improve my life and actively job hunting, and here's the progress I have made. But we are still struggling to make ends meet." Not just empty statements. But I still wouldn't support tax payer money funding this. 

• Guys come on. This is the Daily Mail. It's not exactly high brow reporting. I mean this is basically like they went out to find TK's version of a Fox News "welfare queen." And they did and they got clicky bait and enough to "talk about" that you sent more traffic to their site. This woman may or may not exist and even if she does, she may or may not be "for real." But because this story pushes all of your buttons, you read AND shared.

I'm just sayng, I think you might want to get some wine and chill before you get so up in arms about a Daily Mail clickbait.
  • Wegl13 said:

Guys come on. This is the Daily Mail. It's not exactly high brow reporting. I mean this is basically like they went out to find TK's version of a Fox News "welfare queen." And they did and they got clicky bait and enough to "talk about" that you sent more traffic to their site. This woman may or may not exist and even if she does, she may or may not be "for real." But because this story pushes all of your buttons, you read AND shared.

I'm just sayng, I think you might want to get some wine and chill before you get so up in arms about a Daily Mail clickbait.

Ditto this- we have an election here in the UK in 3 weeks. And the biggest issue is "austerity" where one party wants to cut benefits to the disabled, unemployed, underemployed, single mums etc and the other party wants to increase taxes to the banks and stop corporate tax avoidance. 

Firstly, one cannot use benefits in this manner. Government benefits are capped at £500 per week, which may seem like a lot, but also remember that the average rent in London for a 2 bedroom apartment is £400 per week. They also need to pay for transport (a bus pass to get around London for interviews is easily £50 with the unemployed discount), let alone food etc. 

This article is purely to drive up "Benefits Scum" mentality where the middle class cannibalises the working class all whilst the wealthy companies and banks get away paying zero tax. 

The daily mail is a disgusting and shameful newspaper and I am embarrassed that it is British. Yes, she is entitled and gross but she isn't going to get it. But it just makes me terribly sad as these articles lead to legislation, that leads to this: http://rt.com/uk/209731-suicide-woman-benefit-axed/
  • You go girl. If you're gonna dream; dream big.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards