Getting in Shape

Need motivation.

I am running out of time and I can't seem to get motivated to eat better or exercise. I have about 30lbs to lose between now and October and I just can't seem to do anything about it other than wallow in self pity about the fact that I can't seem to get motivated enough to do anything about it. Lol.

Any advice on how you all stay motivated?

Re: Need motivation.

• DH keeps me motivated.  Have you thought about working out with your FI?  Before I became pregnant, DH and I worked out together at the gym a few nights a week and saw a trainer twice a week.  Now that I'm expecting, I only do cardio, but he still keeps me motivated and I keep him motivated when he's with the trainer.

I still keep track of my foods using My Fitness Pal so that helps.

Set a time aside each day for a workout.  Youtube has plenty and there are a ton of workouts that are only 30 minutes if you are crunched for time.  Set personal goals for yourself.  Create a chore chart like thing.  If you work out 3 times this week for 30 minutes each day, I get to treat myself to new shoes or something like that.  It does help.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited April 2015
    My FI keeps me motivated. I have a serious lack of motivation problem, but relish in making him proud of me. We've sat down together and I've discussed my goals with him, and together we came up with a game plan. He basically acts as my trainer, except that we decide on the workouts together, he is the one that enforces that I actually do them.

This works for us, and he is really good at reading me as well to know when its ok to push a little harder, and when its necessary to go easy. For the most part my 'I dont wanna's' end up with him telling me that I 'haveta' but he also knows when to not push and let me cheat.

It all depends on your relationship with your partner. I have friends that would never be able to workout or take direction on health and fitness from their partners. It works for us because he is never mean about it, he's following direction we set out as a goal together and he knows my breaking points.

I also have the fitbit charge HR which helps hold me accountable because I can see how much calories i've burned vs. ate. And it motivates me to work out to earn that chocolate, or workout because I perhaps ate something I knew I shouldnt have
  • When I was getting married I stayed motivated by thinking about my dress and that bikini I wanted to wear on my HM.  The dress was the biggest motivation because when it came in (about 6 months before the wedding) it didn't fit.  In fact the zipper had a good 6 inches before it would close.  So needless to say that motivated my fat ass big time.  

Any time I felt lazy or unmotivated I just thought about my dress and would tell myself that sitting around thinking about what I should be doing or what I wanted to weigh/look like on my wedding day wasn't going to accomplish anything.

And remember, the first two weeks are the hardest.  After you get past those two weeks you working out and eating better will become almost a habit and just something you do.  So just push yourself to make it through two weeks and I promise that it will get easier/better.

• Thanks everyone! I decided to start commuting to work on my bike, so that happened today. I even snuck in a short HIIT workout before jumping in the shower at work. So fingers crossed this gets me going in the right direction!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards