Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake or Cupcakes for In Suite

edited April 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I can't seem to decide what I want for my in suite reception. We are hiring outside vendors for everything. Anyone believe one is easier than the other?

I want a cake but I don't want any problems sneaking it into our hotel. In this sense, cupcakes may be easier.

Re: Cake or Cupcakes for In Suite

• Options
    I'm wanting to do cupcakes, as that they're smaller, easier, and you can have more icing and flavour choices. If you're doing it completely in-suite and not going through the hotel, I don't see why it would be any more of an issue than bringing in your catering.
  • Options
    Check out Sin City Cupcakes. They were so good and our guests loved them. They thought they were so unique. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmgiffor did you have both? I'm going to look into them.

Xoeden, I guess I'm more comfortable with the catering because the vendor has experience with servicing guests at the hotel. They know the ins and outs of sneaking food in. I would definitely have to find a bakery who has successfully delivered cakes at the hotel before.

• Options
    No I only did cupcakes as our package at Platinum also came with mini cheesecakes and creme brulee. We are not big fans of cake so choose not to have one. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think we may do a small cake as the top tier (something for us to cut) and cupcakes as the lower tiers. What flavors do you recommend?
  • Options
    There are so many good flavors haha. Check out my review for the flavors we did. Also, they make a jumbo cupcake that could be your top tier. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They also do taste testings if you plan on doing anymore trips out there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dixxievegasdixxievegas member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    We ordered 7 dozen cupcakes from Freeds and had no problem with delivery at Caesars. Although they do charge a hefty $50 delivery fee.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey Dixxie! There's actually a cake that I'm considering from Freeds. (One of the Bride on a Budget cakes) But it's good to know they can successfully deliver to Caesars. I won't have a chance to taste test (bummer) but I'll search the boards and your reviews. I think I have narrowed it down to Sin City Cupcakes or Freed's cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards