Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Good, non-greasy sunscreen for wedding day?

I am having an outdoor wedding in July (reception is indoors). We'll be doing pictures beforehand, then the ceremony itself, so I'll be outside for a few hours. I'm on the fair side and I do not want to be burned and look red in my pictures.

Can anyone recommend a good, non-greasy sunscreen for the day? Face or body products -- I'd appreciate it! 

Re: Good, non-greasy sunscreen for wedding day?

• Options
    neutragena sheer or copper tone sheer
  • Options
    Neutrogena makes good sunscreens for this. I also find that any of the zinc based sunscreens are good. I usually wear them under my make-up in the summer to and from work.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I am concerned about the zinc-based products because I've heard they can look bad in photos -- the product reflects light. Anyone know if that's true?
  • Options

I use Coopertone Sport spray. Since it's a spray, it's not oily & drys fast too plus it's sweatproof, so it will hold up. If there seems to be a bit of shine, just use some foundation powder on the shiney areas. Also there are many foundations and skin cremes that have an SPF factor in them already. Maybe give those a try for your face now to see how your skin reacts to them. Even if you are getting your makeup done professionally, just tell them they have to use the product you provide. My stylist had to do that becuase we found out during the trail that I was allergic to the brand she uses. So I bought same colors she used in the brand I knew I wasn't allergic to. I got the same look but no break out.

• Options
    I got married outdoors in July as well. I tanned before my wedding (I know, I know...). But I also used sunscreen under my make up the day of. I just used Clinique Super City Face Protector SPF 40. It's oil free and doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

No idea about zinc in photos or if Clinique has zinc. Try not to overthink things though.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards