Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

reselling wedding accessories

Hi! I am thinking about using a sash and/or a headband that are more than I really want to spend for something only for a day (range: $130-200).  If I can resell them, I would go for it.  Anyone here have luck in reselling?  I would be happy if I could get half of what I paid for them.  

Thanks!

PS Looking at pretty standard places for accessories: J. Crew, David's Bridal, etc.

Re: reselling wedding accessories

• Options
    You can resell them, but it can be hit or miss. Headbands might be easier to re-sell. A sash I think it would depend on the color. If it's white, probably fairly easy, but anything else, you have to find someone that wants that color so you've limited your market. You have to decide how are you going to sell it, craigslist, e-bay, or wedding groups on facebook. Then go to those sites & look to see if anyone else is selling what you would be selling and what the interest in similar items is and what they end up going for.
  • Options
    I bought my sash on a local fb wedding resale page. The bride said she bought it for $150 and it was attached directly to her dress. I bought it for $45 and it included the ribbon too. My seamstress said I needed a different ribbon since my dress isn't bright white but it seems like they are easy to change out ribbons if needed.

I plan to try to resell mine on that same fb page after my wedding along with the hair brooch thing I bought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards