Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

DefConn definitely had a case of the Mondays this morning. 

How was the weekend?

Ours was pretty good.  Friday and Saturday were beautiful.  We were outside as much as possible.  DH got our flagpole base installed.  I made overnight French Toast for Sunday morning.  

Yesterday was rainy.  DH bought a bike from BIL and it was at the IL's.  So he took the kids to the IL's for a few hours.  I stayed home and cleaned and enjoyed a quiet house.  

DH's co-supervisor's brother committed suicide over the weekend. DH isn't sure when he's coming back to work yet.  I think it's going to be a long week. 

Re: Monday

• Options
    I just got my 8th anniversary badge from TK.  Yikes.

The weekend was really nice.  It was beautiful for baseball.

Saturday night DH went to hang with friends so I made centerpieces for my sister's shower while trying to watch a movie on netflix.  I had to just turn it off, it was so terrible.  I ended up watching one of the Paranormal Activity movies with Son.

It's chilly and rainy this morning.  I should have worked on my flowerbeds last week.  It's not supposed to be so nice for several days.
  • Options

I made overnight French Toast for Sunday morning.  

I was just thinking about overnight French toast this weekend.  JealousE.  I think I'll be making some next weekend. 

Yikes about your DH's coworker's brother.  I hope things aren't too crazy for mr.conn this week.

It was a good weekend here.  Soccer was a mudfest Saturday morning, and I couldn't keep DS out of the puddles--he was delighted.  We partially-stripped the kids down before we left, and DS rode home pantsless.  But everyone who suggested the LG w/d we ended up ordering is a genius, because everything came out good as new.  My mom came for the game and brought lunch, and that was fun.

As expected, it rained all day yesterday.  I did not get nearly as much done as I'd hoped, but still knocked quite a few things off my list.  DH and DD singlehandedly cleaned up the playroom, and did a great job.  (That was one big item off my to-do list.)   
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    Heffalump said:

Yikes about your DH's coworker's brother.  I hope things aren't too crazy for mr.conn this week.

I know.  When he called yesterday to tell DH, I was sitting next to him on the couch.  DH can't hear, so he always has his phone volume way up, so I heard the whole conversation.  He sounded so heartbroken.  It's my understanding that this was not the first attempt, but DH wasn't sure on all the details.  It sounds like it was/is very sad, and very messy, situation.  I hope his co-worker is OK.  He was drving to NY yesterday to be with his parents.   
  • Options
    we bought a new fridge on Friday, so I'm super excited for it to arrive. 

entire weekend was rainy - we had dime-sized hail yesterday, but fortunately no tornados. 

i spent much of yesterday cooking - made a 21.5lb turkey, stuffing, roasted veggies, white wine/dijon braised brussels sprouts, and cranberry sauce. It was basically thanksgiving. :-)

we also booked our shore excursions for our trip next month. I don't know what I'm looking forward to the most, but seeing Catherine's Palace in St. Petersburg is near the top of the list. 

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Weekend was okay.  I'm already on to the week, so it's hard to remember, sad right?

Um.  H and his 5 helpers erected the garage, four framed walls, secured, and supported.  It rained too much on Saturday night/Sunday morning to set the trusses, but hopefully the bracing will support enough today...its windy with a capital W!

The rest of the weekend was pretty nice, relaxing, having dinner, just spending some good time with H.  And the fact that Saturday went well, made the rest of his weekend gravy.  I'm happy for him, he was just pushing for a lot. 

Sunday got to spend time with the SILs to shop for the youngest's grad party.  Then spent time with H buying a new ceiling fan and just relaxing.  It was a pretty awesome weekend now that I recap it.  OH! And we got our new sectional, which is amazing, and H loves...and the dogs love. So yeah.  RAINBOWS AND PUPPY FARTS!
  • Options
    Spent most of the weekend just messing around the house, outside, with the dogs.  Nothing too big really.  Trying to get back on track with eating, exercise, and DH's schooling.  *le sigh* Someday I'll get to take a real live adult vacation again.

Starting to plan a friend's his/hers wedding shower and bachelorette party.  She's stuck somewhere between staying a nerd night and ovaries to the wall.  I've told her I'll do whatever she wants, but no penis anything.  She was good with that.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

The weekend was awesome.  We dropped the kids and went hiking.  Then cleaned up for a 7 course dinner.  Sunday was zip lines and a rainy afternoon reading and relaxing.  We had some great BBQ and just a lot of relaxation. 

DH is taking Friday off so it's really a nice short week for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards