Wedding Woes

*tumbleweeds*

Morning.  Everyone slow to rise?  :)

It's sunny, but cool today.  I want my spring back.  I don't want my heat on.  :(  

I'm beyond ready for the weekend already and it's only Tuesday. 

Re: *tumbleweeds*

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    MORNINGGGG!

I am slowly changing over from fully caffeinated coffee to mostly decaf, per my prep for preg plan.  Yes, I am a controlling person and need a plan or some semblance of a plan. 

I like the cool, I was dying last week when it was 75 in my house, I had to turn the a/c on.  Though I don't mind it being a LEEETLE warmer.

Also, after getting the IUD out, I think my body has officially issued the "WTF-HO SIT DOWN" card.  I think it's aallllll kinds of turned around.
  • I don't think we're going to be able to camp this weekend b/c of rain.  I'm still taking my vacation day on Friday though.  I had a small freak out b/c my vacation hours are down to 60, but damn we're nearly half way through the year, I can use my danged vacation before the end of the year, self!

I'm slowly pulling out of my funk.  I've had to put some people at arm's length.  Getting back to eating right.  Trying to convince myself to exercise, I just don't want to.  Been reading a lot and staying off of social media.  Not much else to report, just a boring lady w/husband and dogs, will travel.  :D
  • I made my appointment for my BM dress fitting.  I will also be accompanying my sister to her fitting so I can get instructions from the dress lady on how to do up the dress and bustle it.  I giggled to myself when my sister asked me to come because I'm sure I can figure it out but if she wants me there, I'm there.

Now that the appointment is made, I need to get a bra and shoes.  And I need a dress for the shower and a dress for the bach party.  And probably another dress for the rehearsal.  I've never needed so many dresses in my life.
  • Morning. Yesterday, was a very interesting work day. Spring really does bring out the crazy in children.

• morning. 

i'm tired today, and I'm starting to get a headache. I'm hesitant to take my migraine meds, but if some caffeine doesn't help, I won't have much of a choice.  

I'm taking a class today and thursday to get re-certified in CPR/First Aid/AED use. They offer it at our office a few times a year.I think my certification lapsed in 2013 or 2014, so I wanted to get the refresher. 

new fridge comes tomorrow!
  • I have a monitor coming tomorrow for one of my studies - too bad it's not PMeg - so I'm making sure everything is in order.  

DH worked overnights all weekend and didn't sleep much.  That makes him cranky and we are out of sync.  I can't wait until they hire someone who stays and some of his crappy shifts will be taken over by new person.

It was sleeting this morning on the way to work.  I want my warm spring weather back but it looks like we'll need to wait a week or so.
  • In later than usual today due to DS's checkup.  I can't believe he's a year and a half.  He grew 2" and gained 2 lbs since his 15 mo. checkup--his percentiles are 98 for height and 87 for weight.  FWIW, pedi thinks the speech eval is much ado about nothing, and that he's on track overall.  While she was in there, he pointed at a poster on the wall and said "baby," and during the exam he tried to wiggle off my lap and said "down!"  So she says just from that little bit, his speech seems fine to her.  She also said that in her experience, boys sometimes lag in articulation, but assuming everything else is on track, they generally catch up on their own.   She also said that an eval can't hurt, and that "he's so social, he'll love it anyway."

Soccer practice last night was called off a few minutes early due to lightning, which was lucky--we were in the car all of two minutes when the skies opened up.  I would not have wanted to be trying to haul two kids, a diaper bag, camp chair, water, etc. through that mess.

DD, ever the planner, has announced that she wants a Monster High pool party for her birthday, which is still two months away.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It snowed on our wedding day 10 years ago so I won't be shocked for snow Thursday.

I just did another cheap shopping trip, but the bag of oatmeal ripped open in my trunk.  Most of it is ok, but darn that's messy.

• I'm at the airport going to San Francisco today. My flight is over a hour late, and US Airways stripped my PreCheck status. So I decided to pony up the $128 to get it back because I know for sure I'll be traveling at least 3 more times in the next 3 months and I hate security.

This week is crazy as I'm gone till Thursday night and then we are going to a waterpark/hotel on Friday for a weekend getaway for DS's birthday. He's going to be 5 and last night he asked to sit and look through a stack of baby photos. I thought I'd be sad but I'm just excited. Excited for him and excited to see him grow.

In other news, DD might have a speech delay. Our daycare provider is concerned and wee noticed she understands things but doesn't really use words (beyond Ma, Da, and Dog). I think it's related to her ears. :(
  • PMeg819 said:

In other news, DD might have a speech delay. Our daycare provider is concerned and wee noticed she understands things but doesn't really use words (beyond Ma, Da, and Dog). I think it's related to her ears. :(

Poor thing.  She hasn't had tubes put in, right?
  • She didn't. They ended up wanting to hold off but since the last appointment, I'm not convinced that her speech hasn't been impacted. DS was sort of late to the game but she's always been vocal- it's just mostly sounds/grunts though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards