Chit Chat

Spinoff: how clean is your house? (normally)

Re: Spinoff: how clean is your house? (normally)

• If people are hover-ers and do not plan to clean up after themselves, they should lift the seat and then put it back down when they're done. 

Also, for all y'all who sit without a barrier (TP or whatever), do you also do this in port-a-potties - like at an amusement park or festival? 
    HELLS NAW. But that's because those are usually literally covered in piss shit. EW.
  • If people are hover-ers and do not plan to clean up after themselves, they should lift the seat and then put it back down when they're done. 

Also, for all y'all who sit without a barrier (TP or whatever), do you also do this in port-a-potties - like at an amusement park or festival? 
    depends.  Just like any bathroom, some are cleaner than another's.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

It really depends, if it's one of the older port a potties with like a wooden seat, then I might put some TP to shield against splinters, but I haven't been around one of those in a while, so yea, I'd sit.

Ahhh port-a-pots.  I have such a bad memory of a port-a-pot.  When I was young I had to pee and that was the only place to go.  It was night (I think 4th of July) so when I sat down I put my hand down beside me and my hand got drenched in liquid (I can't even say what it really was because eww).  I think I came screaming out of that thing.

Anyways, I will sit but it is more of a light sitting, because I am generally holding my breath and moving at the speed of sound when I am in a port-a-pot.

Nope! I hold it until we leave and go anywhere else.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• MagicInk said:

Well I see a shrink. Once a week. I'm offended that seeing a shrink is offensive and horrific. Would you be pissed off @amelisha had @ashley8918 said she'd go see a dentist if she had tooth pain? It's just a fucking doctor.

Stances like this are way mental illness has the stigma it does. If you're mentally ill there must be something terribly wrong with you. If you're in therapy you clearly are so damaged you can't life.

I might see a shrink weekly. I have a mental illness. But I can sit my ass down on a public bench.

Not what I'm saying at all. This is more akin to saying "Hey, if I were as fat as you are I'd probably go see a doctor about it,"  in my opinion.

I was just under the impression that it was rude to tell people stuff like that when you have no medical background. I remember more than one thread where people freaked out because someone else suggested that a person might have x mental illness.

But I've been reminded that she said "If I were like you" not "you should do this" so I'm stopping this here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So since we are talking about germs, how many of you ladies hover or sit on a public toilet seat when you pee?

I sit unless there is visible stuff of some sort.

Same here. THE HORROR.

And if there was visible liquid (poo is a different matter) would you take some toilet paper and wipe it off then sit or would you hover?

I will wipe up my own splatter, but I'm not cleaning up after anyone else... much less sitting on it afterward.

Yes, I now urine in and of itself is sterile, but I don't know you (the general you)... I equate this to sharing underwear, which I would not do with anyone.

Um, how? Are you like, rubbing your labia on the toilet seat, or what? If toileting properly, the seat does not touch any part that your underwear touches. It touches your thighs, mostly.

Sorry, I was not clear.  I meant the splatter on the seat, sitting in your urine whether wiped up or not is like sharing underwear to me. 

• MagicInk said:

Well I see a shrink. Once a week. I'm offended that seeing a shrink is offensive and horrific. Would you be pissed off @amelisha had @ashley8918 said she'd go see a dentist if she had tooth pain? It's just a fucking doctor.

Stances like this are way mental illness has the stigma it does. If you're mentally ill there must be something terribly wrong with you. If you're in therapy you clearly are so damaged you can't life.

I might see a shrink weekly. I have a mental illness. But I can sit my ass down on a public bench.

Hi, thank you.

I didn't actually make this suggestion, but had I, your reaction still would have been fucking ridiculous.

• amelisha said:

MagicInk said:

Not what I'm saying at all. This is more akin to saying "Hey, if I were as fat as you are I'd probably go see a doctor about it,"  in my opinion.

I was just under the impression that it was rude to tell people stuff like that when you have no medical background. I remember more than one thread where people freaked out because someone else suggested that a person might have x mental illness.

But I've been reminded that she said "If I were like you" not "you should do this" so I'm stopping this here.
    Okay, but let's say I had said "I suggest you see a shrink". That is still not the same as "Girl, you totes have [insert disorder here]"
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

So since we are talking about germs, how many of you ladies hover or sit on a public toilet seat when you pee?

Same here. THE HORROR.

And if there was visible liquid (poo is a different matter) would you take some toilet paper and wipe it off then sit or would you hover?

I will wipe up my own splatter, but I'm not cleaning up after anyone else... much less sitting on it afterward.

Yes, I now urine in and of itself is sterile, but I don't know you (the general you)... I equate this to sharing underwear, which I would not do with anyone.

Um, how? Are you like, rubbing your labia on the toilet seat, or what? If toileting properly, the seat does not touch any part that your underwear touches. It touches your thighs, mostly.

Sorry, I was not clear.  I meant the splatter on the seat, sitting in your urine whether wiped up or not is like sharing underwear to me. 
    Right, but how? It is not touching your underwear bits, haha

HELLS NAW. But that's because those are usually literally covered in piss shit. EW.
    There are times when a place is past what little help I can give it. Most festival port-o-potties have reached this point. 

If it's just the usual "I can't be bothered not to spray my urine everywhere" situation, I wipe the seat and sit. But if it's what it usually is, and there's poo and urine and inexplicable wadded, wet toilet paper everywhere? First, I'm only in there if it's an emergency, and second, yes. I will hover.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • So since we are talking about germs, how many of you ladies hover or sit on a public toilet seat when you pee?

Same here. THE HORROR.

If there is anything in, on, or around a public toilet, I hold it or, if I'm extremely desperate, I'll move to the farthest stall I can. Unflushed pee? Nope. Unflushed poop? DEFINITELY nope. Clean-looking public restrooms let me pretend they are actually clean. If they are not clean-looking, I'm not using them.

I do not use portapotties. I will wet myself before I do that. They are disgusting. I don't use plane bathrooms either.

I'm not a germaphobe, but I'm also not going to deal with other people's bodily secretions. Not happening. Not a chance. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Same here. THE HORROR.

Do you generally pee your pants?  Because since I wipe myself after I use the bathroom and don't generally have accidents then I doubt there is that much pee in my underwear.

The point being is that unless you ( the general you) and I are in a relationship, I don't need any thing that is near your vagina near my vagina or me period.  Including urine that comes from your urethra that is near your vagina.

Same here. THE HORROR.

Do you generally pee your pants?  Because since I wipe myself after I use the bathroom and don't generally have accidents then I doubt there is that much pee in my underwear.

The point being is that unless you ( the general you) and I are in a relationship, I don't need any thing that is near your vagina near my vagina or me period.  Including urine that comes from your urethra that is near your vagina.
    But...your vagina doesn't come anywhere near the actual seat. Neither does your urethra. 

Same here. THE HORROR.

DO YOU RUB YOUR VAGINA ON THE TOILET SEAT?

PLS RESPOND. I need to know!

Same here. THE HORROR.

DO YOU RUB YOUR VAGINA ON THE TOILET SEAT?

PLS RESPOND. I need to know!
    I do. But then I rub my vagina on everything. It's how cranky babies say hello.
    But do you rub it on festival toilets? What about 7000 spare toilet brushes? ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? PARK BENCHES?

Same here. THE HORROR.

But...your vagina doesn't come anywhere near the actual seat. Neither does your urethra. 

You guys are making me LOL at work.  I realize that, but whomever's urine is on the seat did go near their vagina and I don't want to sit in it...  I do not rub my labia on the toilet seat for the record 

• esstee33 said:

I've really never encountered a port-a-potty that was so gross I wouldn't use it. I use public bathrooms on the regular, wipe piss off the seat then sit right on it, and if my digestive disorder is so inclined, I poop in public bathrooms too. Not on the seat, though. 

I clean my house when I feel like it. There are usually dirty dishes in the sink, because I don't have a dishwasher and I really only seem to be motivated to wash dishes in the morning while my coffee is brewing. Whatever isn't done in that time can wait until next time. 

I take my shoes off in my house, but only because I don't like wearing shoes at all -- half the time I don't wear them outside, either. I'll even walk barefoot up to my apartment's mailboxes on all that hallway carpet. IDGAF. 
    THE ONE TIME, I refused to use a port-a-potty was when the toilet was overflowing onto the floor. I would have literally had to step in pee to use it. So that was a big ole nope. 

Otherwise wipe it down and move on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Same here. THE HORROR.

If there is anything in, on, or around a public toilet, I hold it or, if I'm extremely desperate, I'll move to the farthest stall I can. Unflushed pee? Nope. Unflushed poop? DEFINITELY nope. Clean-looking public restrooms let me pretend they are actually clean. If they are not clean-looking, I'm not using them.

I do not use portapotties. I will wet myself before I do that. They are disgusting. I don't use plane bathrooms either.

I'm not a germaphobe, but I'm also not going to deal with other people's bodily secretions. Not happening. Not a chance. 

I guess I just have a different view point, because when I've got to go, I've got to go.
      And the best thing I can do is make sure the seat I'm using is free of pee and poo and wash my hands when I leave the restroom.

yep, I'm the same way.  There is no waiting.  When I have to go, I go.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • esstee33 said:

I've really never encountered a port-a-potty that was so gross I wouldn't use it. I use public bathrooms on the regular, wipe piss off the seat then sit right on it, and if my digestive disorder is so inclined, I poop in public bathrooms too. Not on the seat, though. 

I clean my house when I feel like it. There are usually dirty dishes in the sink, because I don't have a dishwasher and I really only seem to be motivated to wash dishes in the morning while my coffee is brewing. Whatever isn't done in that time can wait until next time. 

I take my shoes off in my house, but only because I don't like wearing shoes at all -- half the time I don't wear them outside, either. I'll even walk barefoot up to my apartment's mailboxes on all that hallway carpet. IDGAF. 
    No joke, I have a friend who can't poop in public. She will literally hold it until she gets home or go home for lunch early or something. I always thought it was ridiculous.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards