Wedding Woes

Hump Day!

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited April 2015 in Wedding Woes
It's cool here, but bright and sunny, and I'm full of coffee.  So together, it feels like one of those days where good things are bound to happen.  ::cue "Unbreakable" theme::  But that may just be the caffeine talking.  :)

DD has a birthday party on Saturday for one of her afterschool friends.  Since it's afterschool, I don't know this friend as well as I do some of the others, so I asked DD what Friend likes.  "Oh, she looooooovvvvvvves Catwoman!"  I <3 Amazon:  I got her a Catwoman tee, the Lego Catwoman keychain with the LED flashlight in her foot, and a Catwoman book.  We're all-in on this one, so here's hoping DD is right.

Got DS's sensory pre-evaluation back this a.m., and they are recommending a formal evaluation.  (To no one's surprise.)  Interesting stuff, though.  One of the areas they flagged was proprioception, which--if you didn't know what this was, as I didn't--is the awareness of where your body is in space.  This is pretty much a family trait down my entire maternal line, and explains why we are generally clumsy and bad at sports.  (Wooz and I both have an unfortunate habit of walking into things.)  I had no idea it was an actual Thing, beyond clumsiness, or that there was any sort of therapy--I thought it was just bad genetic luck, like big ears or a sixth toe.  But it is also reassuring because despite poor proprioception, we've all managed to go on to live happy, productive lives, albeit outside of the NBA or professional dance.  :) 

ETF spelling (proprioception is a new one on me, it took a little practice)

Re: Hump Day!

• It's also bright and sunny, but cool.  I am full of coffee, but I have a headache and I want a nap. 

DefConn fell out of bed and ended up in our bed last night. He likes to sleep toward my side of the bed.  I wish he'd stay in the damn middle.  Also, I wish he'd quit crying every.single.morning about everything. 

DH worked his second 15 hour day in a week.  He worked one Friday. At least Friday was planned to be a long day.  DH was shutting down and walking out when he got an 'all hands on deck' call last night.  Oh and all these late hours are not for DH's dept's.  Nope, it's for other people who can't manage their shit.  

And the kiddo was a complete and total jerk last night.  Hormones SUCK, yo.  Any little perception of a slight toward him and he just loses his mind and then his mouth goes a mile a minute, not letting anyone else talk.  I was texting my friend who was talking me off the ledge, ha. 

Good things:

1. I'm going to Coach Purse Bingo with my sister tonight.  The last time she went, she won.  It's a $30 entry...so big money, no whammies. :)

2. I was doing our budget and realized because July is a 3 pay month, we have no major bills coming out the week of our vacation. That means that we won't have to take anything out of our vacation fund and that can keep for our trip to San Diego in Oct.  (I think we're still going...DH has to get ahold of his friend and work out details). 
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015

1. I'm going to Coach Purse Bingo with my sister tonight.  The last time she went, she won.  It's a $30 entry...so big money, no whammies. :)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/cf/cf40dd82fc8f4dae6acafa20aedc44737ff11e314428b3ead56796edcb54c601.jpg
  • @heffalump, a mantra for today:

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    Also, could be good or bad...I have a UPS package coming today.  I got an e-mail yesterday.  I didn't order anything.  DH didn't mention ordering anything (and I forgot to ask him last night).  SO...it's a mystery.  :) 

It's coming from work.  I know what it is.  Boo to unexciting packages. 
  • DD really, really wants a kitten for her birthday.  She wrote this entire missive recently, and just about every other word was "please."  I have been browsing shelter cats, and I found one near us who is just adorable.  A chicken farmer found her, emaciated and malnourished.  She had some kind of major hernia, they said her internal organs were all pushed around and she needed surgery to correct the hernia and put everything back where it belonged.  They shaved her because she was so badly matted. 

I really want to find out more about this kitten.  Like, was she a stray, or semi-feral?  (If feral, I don't see this working out, unfortunately.)  Temperament, whether our resident cat would be compatible with her, etc.  But she looks so sweet, and I know DD would go crazy for this kitten.  And I have a soft spot in my heart for hard-luck kitties.  :)
    Poulet
  • I'm not a cat person (pet person in general, really), but that cat is cute.  Great pic of her. 

And aww at DD writing a letter pleading for a kitty.  
  • 5 more weeks......
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Rained more than I wanted for the zoo so indoor playground it is. Fil is coming to take final measurements today. There was a botchulism outbreak from a church potluck in my home town. One person has died and several are sick
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I love NOLA's post.  She's focused.

That kitty is very cute, and I'm not 100% cathappy either.  Only about 40%. 

You guys can all just look away when I complain about hormones, because this whole 'natural' cycle thing is for the birds.  I have woken up head-achy and nauseous the last few days.  I suppose it's normal and I am thankful that it means my body is going back to what it's supposed to...but come on.  *FWWGP*

I came home yesterday to see that one of the dogs (I know which one) has already scratched up one section of the sectional.  Good thing I told H to get the warranty that covers ANYTHING, so if we ever decide to replace it...they'll do it no charge.  Ugh.  FRUSTRATED.  I even caught him doing it the first time and scolded, and we put down blankets so the likelihood would be less. 

More FWP.  Sorry, I feel like:
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    6fsn said:

Rained more than I wanted for the zoo so indoor playground it is. Fil is coming to take final measurements today. There was a botchulism outbreak from a church potluck in my home town. One person has died and several are sick

Whoa.  I wonder who brought the bad casserole? 
  • My office building has a broken air conditioner.  That doesn't really explain why the damn heat is on constantly.  Maybe it does, I don't really have any fucks to give about how the air system works while being stuck in a non-opening window circulating hot ass air office for 7.5 hours, I'd just like it to be fixed, now.  This has been going on since Monday and sweating at work is not pretty.

We've had to cancel the camping trip.  The weather continues to look sketchy and the dog sitter, aka my parents, had to cancel.  

I'm sleepy b/c overwhelming oppressive heat in office.
  • You already know how I'm feeling about hormones right about now.:)

• VarunaTT said:

My office building has a broken air conditioner.  That doesn't really explain why the damn heat is on constantly.  Maybe it does, I don't really have any fucks to give about how the air system works while being stuck in a non-opening window circulating hot ass air office for 7.5 hours, I'd just like it to be fixed, now.  This has been going on since Monday and sweating at work is not pretty.

[why do I always have box trouble?  anyway]

I was just telling DH that if I can ever figure out how to set up an HVAC system so that it isn't constantly breaking down and/or there aren't weird hot and cold spots, I'm pretty sure they'll give me a Nobel prize.  I have never worked anywhere were there wasn't at least one issue:  the conference room that's always 60 degrees, no matter how often the contractor sends someone out, etc. 

When it was 80 degrees out, my office was like 64.  Layers are my friend.

• Yesterday was sort of a mess that ended on a high note. My flight was delayed 2 hours, the hotel tried to walk me, my room is sort of crappy but...DS got accepted to the school we really wanted for him. I'm so happy but I've got to do a bunch of stuff on Friday to get him registered. No worries though, I'm just happy to be there!

Today will be long with meetings, but oh well.

• YAY for DS (and you) PMeg! 
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    kitten kitten kitten, I vote pleases get kittens :-P
    (We're a 1 cat household until one literally wanders off the street to us or until somethign happens to make it a GOOD idea, because the remaining cat is territorial)

It has been a morning.

If
    you're ever given the choice between going to work or taking a 4 year
    old to have conscious sedation and fillings@the dentist, pick work.  
    (although she didn't scream until the flouride.  Weirdo kid.)

The meds, as she starts to come to 'normal' make her VERY combative.  I stood in the parking lot for a long window of time while she screamed "LET ME OUT" and beat on the windows--because I touched her coat and wouldn't let her walk on her own (because she kept falling over).  Part of that is my child being ill-behaved, but really, the bulk of it is that she looses her filter and has zero self control when the meds are wearing off.  She has bratty moments, but that's not what this was.

There were many delays in getting her to grandpa's.  And then she wasn't coordinated enough to get to the potty in time.

Although her sitting in pee covered clothes at grandpa's house,
    shouting that "THIS is why I didn't want to go to the dentist" is a moment
    that will be funny some day.

It's almost funny now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards