Wedding Woes
Options

So close...The weekend that is...

Coach purse bingo was fun.  One of the ladies at my table won.  Nada for me.  Ah well.   

They had some cute styles, but none that were OMGWANTNOW!  A chick at the table behind us won two.   Talk about bang for your buck. 

I did find out two things last night that are giving me some feelings that I'm not sure what to do with, so I'm not sure if I'm going to put them >>>over there for a bit, or what. 

It's farking 45 with a windchill of 34.  Blasphemy.  I boxed up my and DefConn's cold weather stuff but haven't moved them down to our storage room.  It will need to be 60+ for at least 2 weeks before I move that stuff down the 2 flights of stairs.  I don't want to be dragging it back up.  ;) 

Re: So close...The weekend that is...

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

So much randomness today.

Mainly 10 YEARS BABY!!!  We're doing steaks and shrimp on the grill baked potatoes and prosciutto wrapped asparagus.  I don't give a shit what the kids eat.

I need to get the paperwork filled out for the addition permit.

I need to sign up for swim classes.

I'm also signing up for a canning class. (WHO AM I)

• Options
    I'm really tired today and half-assed my workout.

I got the girls' dresses for my sister's wedding ordered yesterday after texting dress ideas back and forth with my SIL all day (my girls and her daughter are all going to match).  We do not have the same taste at all so it took a while to find something we both liked.  It was almost comical how we noped each other's dresses.

My friend wants me to come to hot yoga next time she goes and while I'm interested in trying it, I also have no idea wtf to wear to do it.  
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, @6fsn!
  • Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MRS. AND MR. 6!!!!

(It's also my older sister's 10th anniversary today. ;) )
  • Options
    @tawillers- I'd wear yoga crops, sports bra, and tank to hot yoga.  You don't need shoes, so just wear some flip flops or other shoes that are easy to kick off.  And bring a sweat towel. :) 
  • Options

It's farking 45 with a windchill of 34.  Blasphemy.  I boxed up my and DefConn's cold weather stuff but haven't moved them down to our storage room.  It will need to be 60+ for at least 2 weeks before I move that stuff down the 2 flights of stairs.  I don't want to be dragging it back up.  ;) 
    Booooo to cold!  I did the same thing with the kids--I moved their sweaters and stuff to the backs of their closets.  Luckily they're still accessible, because we've needed them this week.

Looking ahead to the weekend, they're saying 100% chance of rain on Saturday.  :(  I hope they revise it in the next day or two, because in addition to the usual soccer/swim, Wooz has picture day and a birthday party, and I was going to do some planting.  Plus the birthday party is 4:30-6:00 in this area with lots of restaurants and a big park for the kids, so I was going to have DH and DS meet us there afterward for dinner.  Not a good plan if it's raining.

I have to call about DS's OT and follow up on that kitten today.  Oh, and work or something.  ;)
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, 6fsn!

We leave for Disney World at 5am tomorrow and i am SO EXCITED!!!! Totes feeling like a drugged Jessie on SBTB right now.
  • Options
    coworkers are annoying me today - one of the admins sent a request to person #1 who has the same title. Person #1 responds that it's not their project and that i should look into it. I  don't recognize the project, so i go into our database (that has all of the project assignments) and send it to person #2 who owns the project. 

admin and person  #1 also have access to this database, so i have no effing clue why neither one of them bothered to look it up. 

new fridge arrived yesterday, and it's beautiful! DK was surprised how much bigger it was than our old fridge. (it was only slightly wider, but a good 5-6 inches deeper). i loaded everything in, and there's SO. MUCH. SPACE. (helped by the fact that i moved the massive brita pitcher out - hooray for fresh, cold, filtered water!)

Not sure yet on weekend plans - I'm going to a memorial service/celebration of life for my mentor that passed away a few weeks ago. (coincidentally - what does one wear for this? black dress/suit, or would something more colorful be appropriate?)
  • Options
    What kind of fridge is that?  We're going to be in the market for one sooner than later. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

Not sure yet on weekend plans - I'm going to a memorial service/celebration of life for my mentor that passed away a few weeks ago. (coincidentally - what does one wear for this? black dress/suit, or would something more colorful be appropriate?)
    DH went to a celebration of life for a CW's mother recently, and wore his usual bank-y clothes (it was a work day) and a bright tie.  So I think the black dress/suit could work if you throw in a brighter accessory.  I mean, you'd be fine either way, but if you're concerned about striking the right tone, that seemed to be the approach that they all took.
  • Options
    Have a Happy, 6!!!!
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited April 2015
    What kind of fridge is that?  We're going to be in the market for one sooner than later. 
    @mrs.conn23
    ^^^that's the model we bought. Got it from Home Depot. No issues with delivery - they took the doors and drawers out to bring it in, assembled it again, hooked up the water line and were out in 30-45 minutes. 

i liked the automatic ice maker/water system is actually contained within the left door, so it didn't take up room inside of the fridge. the door within a door feature on the right was cool, as you can access some frequently used items without letting much heat in. (there's an additional barrier inside.) there were a lot of features that allowed you to adjust the fridge for the sake of convenience, and i loved the middle "swing" drawer - you can set various temps and there are separators that you can adjust the size of the storage space. the bottom freezer has additional sliding storage built in, perfect size to hold frozen pizzas or cookie trays.

ETA: the reviews were generally very high, which was also a selling point.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    We have the Whirlpool brand of that style and I love, love, love, it.  I keep the middle drawer stocked with snacks the kids can grab on their own and lunch stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards