Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle Issue

I'm in contact with a church that seems perfect--we can afford it, the location is great, the interior is attractive without being overly ornate, and the pastor is very personable. But there's no center aisle; there are short pews on either side and long pews in the center, leaving two off-center aisles.

I'm not totally sure I want to walk down a side aisle. How ridiculous am I being?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aisle Issue

• Options
    Eh....I wouldn't say ridiculous, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me either.  I've been to quite a few weddings with a side aisle like that, and it didn't look odd or anything.  

Walking down the aisle to DH was one of my favorite parts of the day (we didn't do a first look), but it was also a total blur because I was just so anxious and excited.  So at that point, I didn't give a damn about how I got down to him - just that I got there quickly. :)
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I promise you, this is one of those things that matter now but when you look back post-wedding, you'll laugh at yourself for worrying about it. 

If the venue is otherwise perfect, book it. In the grand scheme of things, the direction you come from won't even matter. 
  • Options
    Our runner up ceremony venue was a church with no center aisle. The pews were divided into thirds with two side-ish aisles. Our plan was to process down one side and recess up with the other. 

It wasn't a deal breaker for us. The only reason we didn't choose that venue was because they were having major construction on the bell tower so there was going to be scaffolding, tarps hanging down, and all kinds of barriers up everywhere.. Yea, no.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks. Since I'm tearing up at picturing him at the far end of the aisle, clearly you're all right; it's not worth worrying where the aisle is. Recessing down the other aisle sounds perfect. I was toying with the idea of sending a bridesmaid down each side, but I think that might just confuse the guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards