Not Engaged Yet

Happy Tuesday

Good morning!!  It's happy Tuesday (I hope)...

Today I am happy because...
1.  I'm drinking a flat white.
2.  H is eating all the healthy snacks I brought home from the store.
3.  Cricket didn't cry when I put her in the crate this morning.
4.  I have 4.5 work days left at this job, including today!!!
5.  I got some action last night.
6.  There's crockpot pulled pork cooking at home.
7.  I have an excuse to make cookies tonight (H's coworker's birthday).

Why are you happy today?

It's still chilly and rainy here today, but it's going to dry up and start getting warm again tomorrow.  Hooray!  I wanted to plant my seedlings tonight but it might still be too wet.  We got anywhere from 3-5 inches of rain, so it has to soak up a bit.  Our backyard flooded last night and we joked that Cricket would drown if she went out by herself.  It was crazy!

Re: Happy Tuesday

• I'm not really happy today... but I will try for the sake of the game.

I am happy that:
    - I have a house meaning roof over my head
    - I have an amazing family
    - I got some very quick puppy snuggles this morning

friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 I'm sorry you're not doing well today. I wanted to ask you about the cheerleading Worlds video you posted. Is that your team or a team you used to be on? They were so awesome!!! It's been YEARS since I went to Worlds and the competition has gotten so much more intense.
  • @CocoBellaF - That is so much rain! I hope you guys dry out soon.

@southernpeach89 - I'll be sending vibes for a stress-free closing! I'm so excited for you guys! 

@cu97tiger - I will take notes for you! Have a blast at the Derby! 

@caseface5 - I hope everything is ok. Hugs.

@lmcooper86 - Happy almost move-in day! 

• I'm starting my 3 weeks off after I get a nap in (not allowed to drive home after 12 hours on the job - bc it's 2.5 hours plus time to clean the truck before handing it back)
    Tonight I'll see FI, for the first time in 3 weeks, and then we're driving to Nova Scotia for 3 weeks. I'll get to spend quality time with FMIL and FSD!
  • Morning!

Today I am happy because
    1. I am off from work today (and the DM is coming, whew!) and tomorrow.
    2. I start allergy shots today so I start my road to recovery (backstory I am allergic to everything and take about 4 drugs a day just to keep symptoms at bay)
    3. I get to see BF today for the WHOLE evening, first time since Thursday.
    4. A few more days till our Eric Church concert this Saturday.
    5. My boss was able to give me next weekend off to see my BFF whose coming to town!!
    6. My room is significantly cleaner than it was yesterday and my bookshelf is organized! Something that was seriously stressing me out.

I nearly got into it with PITA coworker I told you about yesterday. THIS close to calling HR, not that they would do anything anyway. Thankfully the night went by fast and before we knew it it was time to go. Today I'm gonna run some errands, get my allergy shots, go for a run around the neighborhood, and finish my cleaning list from yesterday. Yaayyyyy!
  • @Peaseblossom55 - It's a drink at Starbucks with a rich espresso and frothy whole milk.  It's not sweet, and kind of between a latte and cappuccino.
  • @cocobellaF oh ok sounds pretty good.  I don't drink coffee though.

Anniversary

• @twodimes I've been eating and snacking really healthy too lately.  Not sure if it's the better weather or what but I'm constantly eating fruit and I even packed celery and peanut butter with me for a snack.  I wish I coould get H to join me on this but he likes he french fries.

Anniversary

• @Imcooper86 - Yeah my allergies are environmental and animal related (my doctor HATES how many pets I have but idc!) and they got to be really horrible a few years ago and have just gotten progressively worse. My asthma is triggered by allergies so it has also been progressively worse. I started with one medication and now I'm up to 4, and when I saw my doctor last year she kept talking about shots and I was apprehensive because even though tons of people say it works, there's still a chance it won't, and I didn't have a car so it as extremely inconvenient getting to her office, much less weekly. Since I got the car though, I decided to go for it so I am REALLY hoping it works out for me like it's working for your sister!!
  • Thanks ladies. Seems to be a slump lately. If it doesn't get better soon I will be seeking medical treatment for it because this sad shit sucks!!

@Southernpeach89 It's the Coed team from my cousin's gym. I know a few of the people on the team from that gym another. I teared up last night when they were announced, because New England teams never globe at worlds. The gym also has an open 5 all girl that placed 6th! I might just be contacting them to see if I could try out for next year because I'm missing it something fierce! 

friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle - happy anniversary! enojy savannah!! ive heard its so romantic.

@southernpeach89 - congrats on closing! fingers crossed for a smooth close!

@lmcooper86 - yay house!!!! and yay nails. do you get anything fancy or just a regular manicure? i spend way too much on shellac but i cant help it!!!

@cocobellaf - so are you definitely keeping cricket? or still looking for her owners?

@caseface5 - sorry youre having a bad day **hugs**

@untouchablets - sorry your coworker sucks. good thing you have a couple days off...maybe you both need some time to cool down.

@peaseblossom55 - happy you got good blood work results!

im happy because:

1. im having dinner with an old friend tonight
    2. i have all my meals planned for the week
    3. i love my BF soooo much and we have so much fun together

question for the regs on here......how long have you all been posting on here? and how did so many of you guys come to be friends IRL?
  • @twodimes - your post made me smile really big!
  • @jenjen047 - We are still looking for her owners, but for now she is staying with us indefinitely.  We aren't positive if we can keep her forever, but she seems to be settling in just fine and if she stays, she stays I guess!

Here she is last night! 
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2015

@TwoDimes - I have my ticker on here and I put a few of the "milestone" dates until the wedding into my calendar on my phone, FI and I will make comments about like "in 2 weeks we'll be leaving the church after getting married" and stuff. But having the same people make the same comment almost daily is driving me insane! Yes, my wedding is still getting closer...just like it was yesterday, and the day before that, and every other time you've made this same comment to me!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE talking about my wedding...in the right context. I'll talk about it here and with my mom and FMIL and FI, but I've consciously tried to keep the wedding talk to a minimum at work. I'm inviting a few of my coworkers, and 2 of them are also getting married in the next year so we have plenty to talk about amongst ourselves, but I don't do that in front of people who aren't invited because it just makes me feel icky and bad if I'm going on about something that they aren't invited to. I have one busy-body coworker in particular who just won't stop with the countdown comments and I've pretty much had it lol.

ETA @jenjen47 - I actually usually just do my nails myself, but I've had them done a few times this year for WR stuff, just for fun. As part of my bachelorette we all went and got our nails done; I got gel polish for the first time and like it way more than shellac! My only issue is that the girl didn't get close enough to my cuticle on a couple nails and they look super grown out now, so I need to get them redone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @caseface5 That would be awesome! I miss cheering so much it hurts sometimes. I pray that my children will do that or gymnastics so I can just watch them and enjoy it all over again.
  • @lmcooper86 - how long has the gel polish lasted?
  • Today I'm happy because:

H and I are exploring some really exciting opportunities in our lives, and I'm pretty elated! It could mean BIG changes for us in the nearish future.

@labro - Is this related to something you've talked about already? Or is this new?

-----------------------------------------

I'm happy because:

- When I was unintentionally crazy emotional this weekend, my BF and I got to have some really good talks about some things that both of us would like to work on in our relationship. He doesn't let me stay upset, and is willing to talk about everything, and that is so awesome to me.

- I discovered this stuff that is similar to those Mio liquid additions for water, but it has THC in it. It is so freaking relaxing and awesome, and has made sex seriously amazing lately, plus it doesn't fuck up my lungs and it doesn't make me lazy at all. Just happy I've found it, I guess.

- I'm happy we're ramping up the house hunting again. We're hoping to get pre-approved for a mortgage this week, which is a step we didn't even get to the last time we talked about buying a house, haha.

• @jenjen47 - Today is day 9. The polish itself is still perfect, no chipping or peeling, although the polish has worn off the front edge of a few nails (but you can't tell if you're just looking down at my hands). That 9 days includes lots of typing, opening some pop cans AND packing/cleaning my apartment to move. The place I went to uses the OPI gel and it seems to be great! I'm going to a closer location of the same salon tonight so fingers crossed it's just as good.

@labro - Must. Find. Onesie.

@TwoDimes - Yeah, I try to keep it short when people ask at work. It's usually just a "how's the planning going?" which doesn't need much detail. I think I feel like the people who are making the timeline comments want me to go on and on about being stressed and every little detail lol

@futuremrshistorian - Glad he's got more reliable internet this time! Any news on that interview he had? Or did I miss that at the end of last week? Also, my hands have been so painfully dry that I've resorted to using the yellow Clinique moisturizer on my hands. Thank goodness that stuff is like magic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @imcooper86 - No news yet...his interview was last Thursday, and he thought it went really well, but we're still waiting to hear.  I LOVE the Clinique yellow moisturizer!  My skin is very dry, and it's the only thing I've found that keeps my face from flaking.  Plus, it's decently priced, and the bottle is ginormous compared to some other brands.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    @lmcooper86 It's on Etsy! $14!! I'm buying it for Baby Peach!

@AlPacina This is a new thing. I doubt I've mentioned it. Let's just say H's promotion has brought us some new opportunities. It's nothing formal yet, but we're exploring some possibilities. I don't like vague-knotting but without anything being "real" yet, I don't want to pass out tons of details.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards