Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

i survived

my wedding ended up being a wonderful event, but wow what it took to get there.

the best man got in a horrible motorcycle accident two days before the wedding. He ended up breaking 5 vertabrae, 2 ribs, a collar bone, and massive nerve damage in the other shoulder. we honestly thought he was joking when he called DH. LUCKILY he will be okay but it will be a while and it was a little sad not having him there. but the pastor made sure to mention him.

we got married the day after st. patty's...this made things interesting. my little bro showed up at the bar where i work at 11am...by 5pm when i was done he was no where to be found. we drove around for 30 minutes before we found him. needless to say we were supposed to be finished with our 3 hour drive by 9 at the latest to have dinner with one of my bridesmaids...this didnt happen. we got pulled over twice for a soberity check. oh i was sober alright...those in my car had to put on their we haven't been drinking all day face.

and the day of the wedding my brother's insulin pump broke.  again he had a spare.

of all the things that went wrong, it was perdect. our friends and family were there and everything went amazing the site was beautiful (i had never seen it and the weather was sunny and 75). how this happened i have no idea.

Re: i survived

• Wow!  The sunny and 75 is AMAZING!!  I just hope I'm as lucky come May... ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we were so lucky! i had planned on the whole thing inside, and was so happy to do it the other way. i couldnt have done it without my maids. the whole thing really showed me who my friends were and weren't, and they are the most amazing people.
  • Guess what?  The things that went wrong will be funny stories years from now.  Hey, some of them are funny now.

Congratulations!!!
    murrayed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards