Just what is happening here? 

• esstee33 said:

• KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    RezIpsa said:

larrygaga said:

Okay so her dress isn't the offensive thing, but DAT GROOM

Nothing says "sexy" quite like smoking while pregnant. 
    I'm pretending that picture was taken at a costume party. It would make much more sense that way.

I think it's actually really, really badly photoshopped. I know the pic has been around forever, but the belly's obviously photoshopped, the people are basically floating on the grass, and everything's cut and pasted together. It gives me hope, anyway!
  • RezIpsa said:

larrygaga said:

Okay so her dress isn't the offensive thing, but DAT GROOM

Nothing says "sexy" quite like smoking while pregnant. 
    I'm pretending that picture was taken at a costume party. It would make much more sense that way.

It looks super photoshopped to me, actually.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• esstee33 said:

Burning Man wedding?
  • RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

esstee33 said:

Burning Man wedding?
    Or Coachella
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Looks like she lost her sheep:
    Nothing says classy like spray painting "wifey" on your dress:
    Looks like pj sorts and a too small tube top.  Even for the casualest of ceremonies, please no:
  • Wow, yeah these are truly awful but the one with the red insert is a pretty common style/design. I personally don't see anything wrong with that dress. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I love this thread. This is amazing. Made my Monday.

And here is my contribution. I'm a veteran, my fiance is active duty. We see stuff like this pop up in our feeds all the time. All I can think is: NO. STOP IT. Bad. So bad.image

Oh God, even as the daughter of a soldier, I'm not sure I could handle that much....(what word do I even use?)....love of country and the people who protect it in a wedding. I think it's cute when people have the last name patches sewn in on the  inside of the dress but that print is not meant for dresses. What kind of people do you have in your feeds? Lol.
  • I love this thread. This is amazing. Made my Monday.

And here is my contribution. I'm a veteran, my fiance is active duty. We see stuff like this pop up in our feeds all the time. All I can think is: NO. STOP IT. Bad. So bad.image

OMG! That is fabulous! I love the BM dresses that have nothing to do with the Camo theme at all! Do you have more?
  • esstee33 said:

Clearly they are trying to protect her modesty by covering her in a head to toe veil. Duh. Get with the times guys! 

But seriously....is she worried about getting malaria from mosquitoes or something?

On another note, I bring you my second contribution to this thread:

"Howdy, Partner."---literally the first thought that popped into my head when I saw that last one. 
  • Wow, yeah these are truly awful but the one with the red insert is a pretty common style/design. I personally don't see anything wrong with that dress. 

Yes, it is common. And horrendously ugly.
  • I know this is a common style, but I don't like the dresses with all the rouching all over. It reminds me of a mummy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:

I know this is a common style, but I don't like the dresses with all the rouching all over. It reminds me of a mummy.

Agreed that the style very popular, often because it's figure-flattering, but definitely not my style either. To me, many of these dresses appear as though the bride rolled out of bed with her white sheet wrapped around her and threw a jeweled belt on over it. 

• hellohkb said:

I know this is a common style, but I don't like the dresses with all the rouching all over. It reminds me of a mummy.

Agreed that the style very popular, often because it's figure-flattering, but definitely not my style either. To me, many of these dresses appear as though the bride rolled out of bed with her white sheet wrapped around her and threw a jeweled belt on over it. 
    I tried on a few of this style at a consignment shop.  Holy shit I looked hot in them.  Almost too much though, I felt a little too vavavoom for my barn wedding LOL  But yeah, that style is super flattering. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • I know I'm late to this party but I HAD to add this...
  • Let's go over to pintrest, shall we?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    larrygaga said:

Let's go over to pintrest, shall we?

where have all the nipples gone?
  • Did anyone see this episode of SYTTD? I wanted to die a bit...

Yes! And wasn't it like 20k or something ridiculous like that!?

Anniversary
  • justsie said:

larrygaga said:

where have all the nipples gone?
    Looks like it's lined, or she's at least wearing a strapless something in nude color.  I actually think that last dress is stunning if it were lined properly.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • larrygaga said:

Ahhh...Illusion Fabric, when you want to be naked, but not.
  • edited May 2015

larrygaga said:

I actually think this one's awesome, just not for a wedding :) 

Because being attacked by butterflies screams wedding? 

This ball gown would be my style if the overlay was different... looks itchy! 

Ahhh...Illusion Fabric, when you want to be naked, but not. <<< Agree. Would love this one if it had white/ivory lining. Oh well. 
    Holy quote box fail. I was trying to give my comments on the dresses. 

• RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Hot Sexy Backless Very Low Open Back Lace Wedding Dress Bridal Halter Beach Wedding Gown Romantic Country Wedding Dresses on Etsy, $239.00

First try at a picture, hope it works.

There should not be a collective intake of breath when the bride bends over to pick up something. Or walks. Or breathes.

I don't want to spend my time at someone's wedding avoiding looking at their buttcrack.
  • doeydo said:

Looks like she lost her sheep:

SIB

To be fair, the background of the image indicates this photo was taken at a civil war reenactment of some kind. That type of dress would have been considered high fashion in the 1860s following the "newer" trend of white wedding gowns.

I used to do reenactments in southern dress. I've seen women dressed as brides, and others dressed as widows, plus everything in between.
  • edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards