Chit Chat
Options

First World Problems

Re: First World Problems

• Options

I want a bidet and we're drawing out plans for re-doing out bathroom. All of mine include a bidet. DH thinks it's gross. Fine then, don't use it MF. and don't use my heated toilet seat either if it's "excessive". Pfffff.

First World Problem:
    We got a tax refund and can't think of anything to spend it on. To savings it goes.
    We got the Toto Washlet Bidet seat and it's fucking amazing. 
  • Options
    I have a quincenera in June with DH's family which lead to 4 problems:

1. He doesn't think my standard black dress is appropriate so I had to buy a new dress.
    2. I bought 2 dresses online that were supposed to arrive yesterday but got rescheduled to today and I WANT THEM!
    3. I'm super-excited about the dresses but don't have occasions to justify keeping both- but probably will anyway.
    4. I don't have enough excuses to wear the dresses. DH is not sympathetic.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There are no good classes at the gym tonight so I have to motivate myself
    Just Married!

• Options

I had extra tickets to the Yankees game last night, and I couldn't even give them away! DH and I had to sit in the bleachers by ourselves with our little Tanaka bobblehead dolls.

GIRL! I would have taken them! 
    I'm going to PM you when I finish doing a couple things for work. I have extra tickets to another game AND I'm trying to get a group together for $5 ticket night next week.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

I had extra tickets to the Yankees game last night, and I couldn't even give them away! DH and I had to sit in the bleachers by ourselves with our little Tanaka bobblehead dolls.

GIRL! I would have taken them! 
    I'm going to PM you when I finish doing a couple things for work. I have extra tickets to another game AND I'm trying to get a group together for $5 ticket night next week.
    Awesome! 
  • Options
    I need to buy another large suitcase. I have a 15% off coupon for eBags and my AmEx card has a promotion where I get $15 back if I spend $75 or more. Sounds like a great deal, but eBags doesn't sell the brand of luggage I already have (Rimowa) and they don't discount Tumi. We travel A LOT and I really want the nicer stuff.

• Options

First world problems: 

Moosey is going to prom. (His first date, he didn't get shot down! Yay!) and I was actually thinking about renting him a tux. He said he has a perfectly good brand new black suit. This is true. Nothing wrong with a nice black suit for evening. It's a frikking school dance.
    I don't know prom protocol.

I'm worried that he'll be the only kid not wearing a stupid rented tux, which will cost me money.
    What a stupid thing to care about. 

He gives zero fucks, and is just beaming like sunlight because he's happy to dress up and go out to dinner with cute little red head art student girl. 
    (He brought her a bouquet of lilacs, and she was so happy she instagrammed pictures of them  to her 2000 closest friends. Hashtag MooseLastnameisasweetheart. He thinks he's quite a dashing fellow.) 
    Tux? Black suit?
    Ten years ago, when I went to prom, most, if not all the buys wore tuxes. And we had to make sure dude's vest matched my dress.

But I doubt anyone will notice and/or care.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

First world problems: 

Moosey is going to prom. (His first date, he didn't get shot down! Yay!) and I was actually thinking about renting him a tux. He said he has a perfectly good brand new black suit. This is true. Nothing wrong with a nice black suit for evening. It's a frikking school dance.
    I don't know prom protocol.

I'm worried that he'll be the only kid not wearing a stupid rented tux, which will cost me money.
    What a stupid thing to care about. 

He gives zero fucks, and is just beaming like sunlight because he's happy to dress up and go out to dinner with cute little red head art student girl. 
    (He brought her a bouquet of lilacs, and she was so happy she instagrammed pictures of them  to her 2000 closest friends. Hashtag MooseLastnameisasweetheart. He thinks he's quite a dashing fellow.) 
    Tux? Black suit?
    This is adorable!

I dont know what the kids are doing nowadays, but my prom 8 years ago was definitely not super-formal. No one wore a tux, and most of the guys didn't even wear jackets. Just button-ups and ties.
  • Options
    @ohannabelle - most of the guys at our prom rented tuxes. But 99% of the reason for that was so they could get a vest and a bow tie that matched their date's dress. I don't even think I knew the difference between a tux and a suit back then. 

If he wants to wear a suit, cool. If he wants to wear a bow tie with it that matches his date, take him to Macy's a pick one up for $10. Sure beats $100 for a tux rental.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    H and I want to go to Oregon this summer to visit but we don't want to leave our dog behind. Can't decide if we'll drive or fly. We've done both. Maybe the train? IDK. I wanted to rent an RV since then we could cook and not worry about hotels and not have to stay with my parents and leave the dog in an air conditioned RV if we want to sight see, but it turns out that's expensive as fuck. 

ohannabelle a lot of kids wore tuxes but I think half the reason is that it's cheaper to rent a tux than buy a suit. Since tuxes don't have tails or any of that silly stuff anymore, it's really hard to tell the difference. 
  • Options
    My bathroom remodel has NOT gone to plan and I'm stressed and frustrated and my place is too small for these awesome bidets you ladies are talking about. 

• Options
    Now I want a lobster roll.
  • Options
    I'm getting super impatient waiting to hear if a project I worked on got picked up.

Also May is going to be super busy which will be fun but stressful. Wedding in 2 weeks, moving in with BF the week after, might be going down to Tennessee the week after.
  • Options
    It's lunchtime, and I don't know what to eat. The massive drawer full of food at my desk has too many things to choose from.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My stomach hurts from eating too much peanut butter frosting. Also, I want a lobster roll but it's 9am and I am at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I want Chipotle, but it is a tad too far for me to walk from my office. And by that, I mean it is about 10 minutes but I am being lazy.
  • Options
    I've made the switch from agency side to client side. In an all day agency meeting and the lunch they're buying me isn't here yet.

H wants to put the net profit from our house sale (after new house down payment and closing costs) into a 529 for Tidbit instead of in-floor heating for the kitchen and new bedroom furniture. He's too responsible.

• Options

I've made the switch from agency side to client side. 

I totally bypassed client side and went right to publication after leaving agency life. It's amazing but less money. It's amazing to me how many of the agency people I work with now have no idea how to read a spec sheet or follow directions.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I want more coffee, but then I would have to spend 3 minutes making it. Not worth it.
  • Options
    Oh, I thought of a good one!

We switched to FIL's phone plan and he bought me an iPhone 6! But Sprint mixed up when to cancel my plan and now I've got to contact everyone after the fact and let them know my new number (I still had my old Minneapolis number, so I got a local one). Also, not all of my pics are syncing with the new phone and I can't figure out why.
  • Options
    There's mayo on my free lunch. :angry:

• Options
    spglsp said:

There are no good classes at the gym tonight so I have to motivate myself

I hate that.  Anymore I only like the Tues/Thurs classes, and I keep having work or social things come up on those days. 
  • Options

I'll take it!
  • Options

I'll take it!
    A food we can agree on! I love mayo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I need to buy another large suitcase. I have a 15% off coupon for eBags and my AmEx card has a promotion where I get $15 back if I spend $75 or more. Sounds like a great deal, but eBags doesn't sell the brand of luggage I already have (Rimowa) and they don't discount Tumi. We travel A LOT and I really want the nicer stuff.

Bloomingdales was just having a great sale: $25 off of every $100 spent. We just took advantage of it to get the Samsonsite Cosmolite line. I know that they also carry Tumi and Rimowa, maybe they will still honor it. It literally just ended 2 days ago.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Wait I'm sorry OP you seriously switched cars because yours needed gas? I will never comprehend that...I get gas every 5-6 days and I cannot imagine that ever being a reason to not take my car....like to me that's the equivalent of saying let's swap phones because mine is not charged.

• Options
    My man left for work for the summer, this means my laundry doesn't do itself and the coffee is not ready when I get up in the morning.. I am officially out of underpants and keep waking up super disappointed that the coffee isn't ready (yeah, I could set the timer but who remembers that!?).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loro929 said:

Bloomingdales was just having a great sale: $25 off of every $100 spent. We just took advantage of it to get the Samsonsite Cosmolite line. I know that they also carry Tumi and Rimowa, maybe they will still honor it. It literally just ended 2 days ago.

Shoot! I should probably pay attention to the Bloomingdales e-mails I get. I had signed up for them when I was getting married because they carried a dress I liked. Now, I just delete them. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards