Chit Chat

S/O Prom pics

12346»

Re: S/O Prom pics

• FiancB said:

D'aww, I'm surprised how many people are married to their high school sweethearts! 

Dude, I was thinking the same thing
  • FiancB said:

D'aww, I'm surprised how many people are married to their high school sweethearts! 

Thank goodness I didn't marry my high school sweetheart. Dude had more issues than People magazine. And there's no way I would have dated DH had we gone to school together. I was way too cool for him, what with my snazzy marching band uniform and whatnot.
    Ditto all this, minus the marching band. Pianos are hard to march with.

And H went to an all boys school. Haha. :)

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I didn't really date in high school. I'd have to marry myself. 

Sometimes I think that's not really a terrible idea, when H doesn't replace the toilet paper...
  • My prom date, my first love, and in the interest of full disclosure, pretty sure this guy was the love of my life. I love my H, but man, that bond was indescribable. But, that relationship proved the adage that love is not, in fact, enough.  
  • FiancB said:

Thank goodness I didn't marry my high school sweetheart. Dude had more issues than People magazine. And there's no way I would have dated DH had we gone to school together. I was way too cool for him, what with my snazzy marching band uniform and whatnot.

I was in the drumline my freshman year. I had to play cymbals because the smallest bass drum we had was already being used by an upperclassman. Boo. Then I switched to guard because carrying around a 50 lb bag of flags, rifles, sabres, and costume changes looked WAY easier than carrying a pair of cymbals.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• H and I had the same group of friends in high school. When we started dating (I was 19, he was 21) we both said to each other "Wow, I really thought you were more of an asshole than you are". 

I highly doubt we'd be married today if we dated in high school.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited May 2015
    JoanE2012 said:

FiancB said:

Cosign on this. 
  • JoanE2012 said:

FiancB said:

Cosign on this. 
    Ha! I did marry mine... and then divorvced his ass.
  • lol at marrying the HS sweetheart.

Mine had a lot of drug problems.
  • My high school sweetheart was an abusive cunt.

I married my college sweetheart though. :)
  • The whole marrying your high school sweetheartness is a bone of contention with me and my family.

My grandparents were high school sweethearts, My parents were high school sweethearts. My brother and his wife were high school sweethearts. All 5 of my cousins that I grew up with married their high school sweethearts. While my little sister didnt marry hers, she did meet her H when she was 20.

I didn't date in high school because I was way to socially awkward around boys. I met FI when i was 25. When I told my grandparents that we were engaged my nana actually said 'oh thank goodness. We were getting concerned."

I'm such the odd man out, yet I feel like they are all the crazy ones for marrying the people they were with at 16. Yet they all thought that I had missed my prime apparently and thought I would never get married. Since ya know. 28 is so freaking old.

Crazy pants.
  • falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    I didn't go to school dances. But my mom really thought that I would be missing a great life passage or something if I didn't go, so my mom made me go to my Senior Prom. We had my dress made because we had the material on hand. I went with my boyfriend, who was a horrible date. We broke up after Graduation.  I'm the one in red. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FiancB said:

We have much the same life, it would seem.

H and I did not grow up in the same city, but he did go to an all boys' school. I also think his idea about dating in high school was "why?"
  • I had dated a couple of guys before H. But I was 16 so I hardly count them anyway. I was H's first girlfriend. We get some wtf looks when we tell people we've been together for over ten years.

BIL is still with his highschool gf too. I love them together. I feel an engagement will happen in the next couple of years and it makes me so happy :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had two high school sweethearts. The first wouldn't have been a terrible guy to marry, honestly we mostly broke up because I was bored. We were together almost two years (most of 9th and 10th grade) and I guess my attention span for a relationship wasn't that long at age 14-15.

The second was terrible. Cheated on me three times in the 9 months that we were together. Every time lied about it, I got definitive proof/the girl confessed to me/whatever, he apologized profusely once I confronted him with the evidence, I took him back. Rinse and repeat. He finally dumped me for the last girl he cheated with. He's now married to the girl I suspect he cheated on HER with, and has a kid. His wife is a total nightmare, if any of you follow STFU Parents or Mommyish, she is like all of those moms combined. I had to hide him from my facebook newsfeed (we are since on amicable terms, he even gave me some great restaurant recs when he saw on Facebook that DF and I would be visiting the city he lives in) because his wife tags him in so many sanctimonious posts about baby wearing or nursing or music classes for 3 month olds or whatever her current phase is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited May 2015
    This has to be the best thread every! Especially love seeing all of you ladies post the prom pics and under it your sig has your wedding pic.. CRAZY difference!
    I don't have any prom pics but let's just say there was more poof than in my wedding dress but it was black. So instead of posting that picture I thought I'd leave you with my mom's wedding pic with her sisters in the BM dresses which are fab and a bonus Halloween pic (yes, I wore that to work, yes I won a paid day off without using vaca time, totally worth it).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FiancB said:

Ditto all this, including marching band.

My HS boyfriend I dated from 9th grade until almost a year after college graduation. We broke up a few times in there though. He cheated on me similar to charocoal's story. When he broke up with me, my BFF said "don't worry, he'll get some girl pregnant within the year." She was right. He has 3? kids now, and I don't think he's married.

My sisters are married/marrying their HS sweethearts.

• MusicSoul24MusicSoul24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    My [now] hubby's senior prom in 2008 (orange dress) and my junior prom in 2010 (purple dress).  He couldn't go with me senior year because we weren't allowed to have people 21 or over as our guests.  His long hair is now cut, btw, but that pimp hat still exists in our attic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards