Honeymoon Discussions

Thinking about a cruise for our honeymoon?

Hello! My fiancé and I are thinking about going on a cruise for our honeymoon and I just wanted to get any and all advice I can! We are getting married right after Christmas and want to go on a 7-9 night cruise, probably to the Caribbean. Thank you!

Re: Thinking about a cruise for our honeymoon?

• There is a sticky at the top of the board called Cruise Tips from the Cruise Queen that you should check out.

You have tons of options for the Caribbean after Christmas. It all comes down to your price range and what is most important to you. That will determine which cruise line you use, what itinerary you pick and what port you leave from.

I have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Carnival is more the bargain cruise line, but is still nice (especially if you have never cruised before). Royal Caribbean, in my experience, has better food, but costs more. Both lines have ships with the same ports of call, so it typically comes down to how much I want to pay. I like RC better, and that is the line we used for our honeymoon. For regular vacations, we are more likely to go with Carnival unless we get a good deal. We are actually going on another RC cruise this September with DH's family.

My favorite port is Grand Cayman because I love that beach and we had the most amazing time on our honeymoon swimming with the sting rays. To be fair, I haven't been to the eastern Caribbean since I was a kid, so GC may be my favorite just out of western Caribbean ports.
  • If you can delay your honeymoon one week, you can save a lot of money.  The week after Christmas is a premium week.  Prices will plunge after New Year's day.
    You need a good travel agent to help you find the best deal.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards