Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid Dress Neckline Help

I just recently ordered my gown and have been looking for bridesmaids dresses that I think would complement my dress well. My dress has an illusion neckline with kind of a lot going on and I am having trouble envisioning what would look good next to it. I've tried googling wedding party pics to get ideas, but I can't seem to find many with an illusion neck, or the ones I do find the bridesmaids have strapless dresses, which I am trying to stay away from. The problem is that my dress has so much going on at the top that I'm afraid anything else but strapless would be too much going on. Maybe I am WAY overthinking this? Any help would be great! 

Thanks! 

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Neckline Help

• hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2015
    you are way overthinking the whole thing my dress had two straps on it but the original dress from the designer only has one strap. I had my maids in one shoulder strap long chiffon gowns in the color sea glass and they looked amazing next to my dress

here is a bride and her party shes in the illusion neckline  and the maids are in all kinds of dresses in the same color 

if you don't like the look of a strapless look for something that can have straps added or something that's already one shoulder or has straps with it.

also if you go to the place you got your dress at and get your maids dresses there you can always ask the consultant what would work with your dress 
  • You are over thinking this big time.  Just because YOUR dress has an illusion neckline and a lot going on at the top should have ZERO impact on what kind of BM dress you pick for your wedding party.

My best advice I can give you is to forget about your dress and just focus on the formality of your event.  Also you should be taking into account what your BMs like and will be comfortable in.

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It really doesn't matter what type of neckline your BMs wear. I promise, whatever you choose will look lovely. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards