Destination Weddings Discussions

Does a wedding planner for a destination wedding usually add in their airfare and hotel cost?

My friend is planning a destination wedding and is looking for wedding planners. Does the wedding planner usually add in her airfare and hotel cost? She was just wondering if this is customary. Thanks!

Answers

• What does the contract say?

For us, we hired a wedding planner who was local to us. If we had decided on a DW, we have had to pay for her travel expenses and lodging. I don't remember if we would have had to pay for meals as well.

So yes, I think its standard, it shouldn't cost your wedding planner money to plan and work your wedding.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think most people who plan DWs hire planners who are in the destination where they are married. This would allow the couple to have better access to local vendors and have someone on the ground in the destination to help them get things in line. Hiring someone local may eliminate the cost for airfare but you may still have a resort room charge if the event is at a weird time.

That being said, I had a DW and had to bring in vendors via helicopter/boat and pay for their one night at the resort. All of them had it stated in their contract that I was to pay for the room and the helicopter transfers. I was allowed to arrange it on my own with the resort and pay for it outside of my contract, but I imagine some vendors want to make their own arrangements and will include that cost in their fee

• I think most people who plan DWs hire planners who are in the destination where they are married. This would allow the couple to have better access to local vendors and have someone on the ground in the destination to help them get things in line. Hiring someone local may eliminate the cost for airfare but you may still have a resort room charge if the event is at a weird time.

That being said, I had a DW and had to bring in vendors via helicopter/boat and pay for their one night at the resort. All of them had it stated in their contract that I was to pay for the room and the helicopter transfers. I was allowed to arrange it on my own with the resort and pay for it outside of my contract, but I imagine some vendors want to make their own arrangements and will include that cost in their fee

I love your wedding. I could sit and listen to you talk about your wedding all day. Like a kid during story time. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I love your wedding. I could sit and listen to you talk about your wedding all day. Like a kid during story time. 

Aw, that is so sweet!!!! Thank you for your kind words.

My wedding was pretty fucking awesome.

• Thanks for the feedback!!!
  • Jells2dot0 would you please just plan my wedding for me?? please?? Adulting is hard! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards