Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How much to pay someone to set up the venue

The reception venue my Fiance and I picked does a base set-up package for decorating but anything we want outside of the package needs to be set-up by us (like our own centerpieces, placing the table cards, any extra lighting, etc) . 

We can get in at 8 am the morning of the wedding to set-up and then plan is to have my fiance, my brother, his brother, and his dad unload the boxes into the room and then we have asked one of his aunts and uncles to help place everything out (I am keeping everything simple) and his aunt has three friends that are not invited to the wedding that are going to help out as well. I only see it taking a couple of hours- what is the appropriate amount of money to pay they people that are helping set up? They are all from that town so wont be traveling very far but I appreciate their help and want to compensate appropriately. 

I would have helped out, but the gal doing my hair and make-up has some things going on later so she has to do it around 8-8:30 that morning. My three bridesmaids are also getting their hair done around that time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards