Chit Chat
Options

58 seats and 62 Koreans...

I'm watching Lane's wedding on the Gilmore Girls.

I'm laughing so hard at all of them running from the Korean wedding to the church wedding because there are only 58 seats and there are more then that at the wedding.   I forget who, but they have been there all night saving seats.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: 58 seats and 62 Koreans...

• Options
    One of my favorite episodes of that show!
  • Options

Hahahaha oh I love that episode! I think it was Miss Patty who was at the church all night saving seats.

The takeout buffet after the ceremony was also hilarious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That show is RIFE with bad wedding etiquette and unrealistic expectations for people involved in weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That is exactly what I thought of when I saw the subject line!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I love that entire episode!!!  "Look I brought a man! He's Rory's dad!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Hahahaha oh I love that episode! I think it was Miss Patty who was at the church all night saving seats.

The takeout buffet after the ceremony was also hilarious.

I went to some weddings in St Thomas like that.   They set up the buffet and people were carrying their own togo boxes.  This was before everyone went through the line.  It was so bizarre.    

But then again to-go boxes were standard at ALL local events.   If you were throwing a party you must have enough food for the to-go boxes.  There were always rolls of plastic wrap around to wrap up food.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

That show is RIFE with bad wedding etiquette and unrealistic expectations for people involved in weddings.

Probably because it's a fictional TV show.

Sitcom. Not real life. 
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Probably because it's a fictional TV show.

Sitcom. Not real life. 
    Yes, I know. I just re-watched the whole thing recently and was really surprise how much it came up though. Still love it of course.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    This reminds me that I really need to finish Gilmore Girls. I'm only up to wear Rory is at Yale and all huffy that her grandmother got her furniture for her dorm. I was so turned off by her behavior I stopped watching, but really love Lane so I should at least get to her wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    hellohkb said:

This reminds me that I really need to finish Gilmore Girls. I'm only up to wear Rory is at Yale and all huffy that her grandmother got her furniture for her dorm. I was so turned off by her behavior I stopped watching, but really love Lane so I should at least get to her wedding.

THANK YOU.

Rory is absurd and probably my absolute least favorite character in the show.

Lane (not as Lane) is on some cellular commercial and it kinda weirds me out.
  • Options

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

I've decided I do not like Loreli  like I did in the past.  

Once Rory is in Yale a little while, let me know.  I will vent about those story lines.

• Options
    redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

THANK YOU.

She was also 26 or 27 when Gilmore Girls premiered. So weird.
  • Options

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

I always liked Rory the least. Maybe because of the timing. She was succeeding at Yale and freaking out about every minor failure while I was having a rough time at school. And the way she pretty much throws a tantrum when she doesn't get her dream job...I also eye rolled every time the citizens of the town fell over themselves to practically worship her. Her parents and grandparents I totally get. Family gets a pass when it comes to thinking their offspring walk on water. But when your neighbors are so emotionally invested in your accomplishments that they demand a re-enactment of your graduation, you might live in too tiny a town.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

Thank you! Lorelei has been infuriating me recently. It feels like every single thing she does is insanely selfish.
  • Options

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

YES! I liked her when the show originally aired. When I re-watched it on Netflix, I just kept thinking "Holy shit, how did I ever like this character?!"

Paris Geller is my spirit animal though.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

Once Rory is in Yale a little while, let me know.  I will vent about those story lines.
    lyndausvi

Curious to know which plotlines you hated :) I have my own thoughts about the Yale years.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

lyndausvi said:

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

lyndausvi

Curious to know which plotlines you hated :) I have my own thoughts about the Yale years.
    I'm also curious! I don't mind spoilers. I mean, the show is pretty old anyone so if I haven't finished it's my own fault.

@JennyColada I agree completely!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

hellohkb said:

THANK YOU.

YES! I liked her when the show originally aired. When I re-watched it on Netflix, I just kept thinking "Holy shit, how did I ever like this character?!"

Paris Geller is my spirit animal though.

Yes to this. All of it. 
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Backstory - Lorelei was pregnant at 16.  She ran away from her parent's home at 17 to go on her own path with Rory.  ETA - Okay, she took her own path.

The entire story line of Lorelei not supporting Rory wanting to quit Yale just didn't make sense.  AT ALL.      Lorelei might not have been happy with Rory's choice, but the whole I'm not going to talk to you for 5 months was just weird.   Lorelei just wasn't that kind of parent.

Then the whole Emily and Richard are not supporting Lorelei story. Again.  Blah, Blah.  They tried to do this whole Freaky Friday switch with Lorelei.   

Yeah, no.   Supporting Rory was the right more.    Plus they were paying for fucking Yale.  Why would they want to pay that kind of money for someone who doesn't want to go?  They knew she would go back. 

I love Paris

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

Backstory - Lorelei was pregnant at 16.  She ran away from her parent's home at 17 to go on her own path with Rory.  ETA - Okay, she took her own path.

The entire story line of Lorelei not supporting Rory wanting to quit Yale just didn't make sense.  AT ALL.      Lorelei might not have been happy with Rory's choice, but the whole I'm not going to talk to you for 5 months was just weird.   Lorelei just wasn't that kind of parent.

Then the whole Emily and Richard are not supporting Lorelei story. Again.  Blah, Blah.  They tried to do this whole Freaky Friday switch with Lorelei.   

Yeah, no.   Supporting Rory was the right more.    Plus they were paying for fucking Yale.  Why would they want to pay that kind of money for someone who doesn't want to go?  They knew she would go back. 

I love Paris
    I can *kind* of see how Lorelei might have freaked out because she was essentially living vicariously through Rory, and Rory's decision to take a break put that in jeopardy. But I also think that it was unrealistic for her to maintain that mindset for months and months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    oh I can see her being upset.  I do not see her cutting off her daughter for 5 months over taking time off from Yale.

• Options
    This has inspired me to get back to watching.  I never watched it when it originally aired and I'm only about halfway through the second season, but it's been a few months since I watched (I was on a Walking Dead kick and then Orange is the New Black).  Now that life has calmed down for like...a week, maybe I will spend this week watching Gilmore Girls.  I really want to see Lane get married now!
  • Options
    I love, love, LOVE Gilmore Girls. I think Luke is probably my favourite character, and possibly the one I relate to most. But Liz and Paris are right up there for me too. Rory and Lorelai are both insane, entitled, whiny little brats.

Lane's wedding(s) is one of my favourite episodes, for sure. But re-watching it after joining TK, I just see all the "lapses" in etiquette all over the place and it's a total turn-off. Still a fun show though!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I tried rewatching it but I am having a really hard time getting back into it. Although I still yell DEEP FRIED SHOE!!! Whenever my friends are tipsy and on high spirits.

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    lyndausvi said:

I love Paris
    I actually disagree & side with Lorelai (who is fictional, but I am siding with her anyway). Rory was being a spoiled, entitled brat and was making terrible decisions the entire time she was with Logan. Lorelai just wanted Rory to think for herself and follow her dream, which was graduating college with a journalism degree and getting a kick butt job after. 

Boo, Rory. 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:

lyndausvi said:

I love Paris
    I actually disagree & side with Lorelai (who is fictional, but I am siding with her anyway). Rory was being a spoiled, entitled brat and was making terrible decisions the entire time she was with Logan. Lorelai just wanted Rory to think for herself and follow her dream, which was graduating college with a journalism degree and getting a kick butt job after. 

Boo, Rory. 
    I kind of agree with this that Lorelai wanted for Rory what she couldn't have and Rory was making bad decisions. That said, I don't buy them not speaking AT ALL for so many months.
  • Options
    I loved that show, but watching re-runs now just isn't the same. I wanted to smack Rory for being an entitled brat when she dropped out of Yale. She's just the epitome of first world problems.

Oy with the poodles already! 

• Options
    sarahufl said:

ElcaB said:

lyndausvi said:

I love Paris

Boo, Rory. 
    I kind of agree with this that Lorelai wanted for Rory what she couldn't have and Rory was making bad decisions. That said, I don't buy them not speaking AT ALL for so many months.
    Of course, Lorelei wanted Rory to finish school.  

I think the story line was a lame attempt by the writers to show Lorelei isn't all the different from her own parents. I.E - If you do not go back to Yale, I'm cutting you off.   

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    Logan was sexy. He is half the reason I watch the Good Wife.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Logan was sexy. He is half the reason I watch the Good Wife.

He is so handsome. That smirky grin of his....

Although I like Jess :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards