Chit Chat
Options

Brunch wedding time line

We're finally seriously getting started on wedding planning. We've narrowed down the venues, I found my dress, and have agreed we want to do a brunch reception. We figure it's significantly less expensive than dinner, I love brunch food, and FI gets cranky around 9:30 every night. 

Our problem is the timing of everything and making sure it's early enough that breakfast food still works while not being so early that I have to be up at 3 am to get ready. I know some of you have gone the brunch route so what were your timelines? 

Re: Brunch wedding time line

• Options
    We attended a brunch wedding once.  I believe it was at 10am, 10:30 - 11 was mimosas and time to check out the golf course (they did photos).  11am was brunch till about 1pm.  They also did a low key BBQ at his parents house that evening.  Bride was in jeans for this.  I think she said she was up at about 5am for hair/MU

• Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I believe that @CMGragain and @Maggie0829 both have experience with brunch weddings.
  • Options
    I went to a great brunch wedding once. They had the ceremony on the patio of the place and then we went in to eat.

They are Baptist and had no dancing or booze, so the timeline may be different depending on what you want to add. I think their ceremony started at 10:30 or so, lasted till 11ish. Then we ate from 11-1 or so. It was in New Orleans, so they went outside after and tossed Mardi Gras beads off the balcony and kind of walked/danced around the square, which added some time to it as well. 

Pretty sure we were done by 2. They did their photos after.
  • Options
    I am a brunch fiend! I would love to be invited to a brunch wedding.

You mean, I watch two dear friends get married and then I get bacon and mimosas? I'm in!

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

You mean, I watch two dear friends get married and then I get bacon and mimosas? I'm in!

This is very much our logic. Bacon and mimosas have played a large part in our relationship lol. Any occasion we can come up with usually has bacon and mimosas so it only made sense that out wedding should. Hell the song he proposed with had bacon involved! 
  • Options
    afox007 said:

This is very much our logic. Bacon and mimosas have played a large part in our relationship lol. Any occasion we can come up with usually has bacon and mimosas so it only made sense that out wedding should. Hell the song he proposed with had bacon involved! 
    Soul sister! Bacon, mimosas and irish coffee is the foundatoon of my relationship with BF!

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    OMG bacon and mimosas (and french toast and omelettes and pancakes!) My wedding is only 3 weeks away but wow, I still may scrap my current plans for a standard evening reception in favor of brunch! Seriously, I'm going to suggest this to the next person I know who is planning a wedding.
  • Options
    I kind of wish I had done a brunch wedding because I love the idea. Only problem is that we were getting married in a Catholic church, so I don't think it would have been an option.
  • Options
    I think you have to figure out for yourself the timeline by working backwards.  In restaurants, brunches are served until 3pm sometimes.  I'd probably stick with 11 or noon and be sure to have lunch options as well.  Then just work backwards; reception at 11:30am, ceremony at 11, get to location by 10 for a few photos and to freshen up.  Is it just you getting hair and makeup done, or will you be getting ready with lots of other ladies?  Are you planning an elaborate updo, or just a casual blow out and pinning in the veil?  Full airbrush makeup, or just your regular everyday foundation and mascara?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    My son and his lovely fiancee are getting married at a state botanical garden at 11am with a brunch reception to follow. (Just three weeks!).  The timing has worked well and is being catered by a great breakfast place in Athens, Ga, called...wait for it...Mama's Boy! LOL  THis timing has worked very well, and I love morning weddings, cause, you know mimosas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards