Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Makeup Woes

Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting, so please go easy on me...

I would love some advice. Here's a bit of background - my wedding is now just over 2 months away, so it's getting down to crunch time. Last week I had hair and makeup trial, which was something I was really looking forward to, I was so excited about connecting with the stylist and finally nailing down a look for the big day.

The trial did not go as expected, the stylist was nice but I don't feel like she listened to what I was asking for at all (this may have been because she was talking about her own potential engagement and the ring she wanted the ENTIRE time). I even brought pictures and what I ended up with was SO far from what I had showed her. The makeup on the other hand was a bit better, she did a nice job and listened to my feedback. By the end, I was exhausted and I was hoping I would get home and like it more. I didn't and ended up getting myself pretty worked up over it.

The next morning, I emailed the beauty coordinator and told her all of my feedback. It took her nearly a week to get back to me and acknowledge that they would be able to make the changes I had asked for in the email (again sent with pictures).

This wasn't the first time I had issues with communication with them - I started talking to them at the beginning of February, went through all of the Q&A, filling out forms, etc. and finally got to the contract by the end of February. However, I didn't get to even see a real contract until over a month later when they sent me someone else's contract - everything was wrong, the date, the amount, nothing was correct except for my name. I told them and they sent me a new contract that day. I filled it out with everyone's information and sent it back. Only to have a digital copy sent back with all of my bridesmaids missing from the list of services. So I emailed again, she added the bridesmaids, but missed 2 of them. So I emailed again. This time it took her 3 days to get me the correct contract.

After all of that, for some reason, I still signed it and sent in the non-refundable deposit and set up the trial run (which I paid a stupid amount of money for) and ended up disappointed.

I've gotten so frustrated with the lack of organization on their end that I found another salon to do the hair and makeup for me and the bridesmaids and I am seriously considering canceling the original contract. I feel a little stuck, I've already paid a lot of money that I can't get back and I probably should have been more firm at the trial and told her I really didn't like the hair. I'm finding it hard to make a decision in fear that no matter what I do, it wont be the right choice.

Advice is very much appreciated... do I ditch them? Should I stick it out with the original service?

Thanks!!

Re: Hair and Makeup Woes

• Is there another stylist you can use from the same facility so you won't lose your deposit etc? If there is another stylist there who is more in-tune with her/his job and what you are lookng for, I would see what their view on another trial would be at a (severely) reduced cost. Honestly, if you were not happy with the trial and don't think your concerns are being listened to, you may want to cut your losses and use the other salon you found. Hopefully this helps.
  • mee1537mee1537 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    @Knottie1430965129 Thanks for the reassurance!

I scheduled another trial run... I am really hoping that it goes better this time now that I have explained how I am feeling. Just in case, I've spoken to the other salon and they are willing to do a trial for me before I book, so it's nice to have them as a back up. 

Crossing my fingers that this round is better! Who knew this would be one of the most frustrating parts of planning (at least for me). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards