Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

First look pics - how do they work?

I am trying to decide whether or not to have first look pics or wait to see FI for the first time as I walk down the aisle.  I'm leaning toward first look pics for a few reasons, but before I make my final decision I'd like to hear real stories of how it was actually done.  Did you walk up behind him?  Or did you walk toward him with him watching you, like he would have if you were walking down the aisle, the difference being that no one else was around?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First look pics - how do they work?

• Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Our photog set the situation for us. Had dh waiting for me outside and I walked up behind him and touched him on the shoulder. Photog was there taking pictures and I think our wp was outside because we took pics with them after. But I didn't even notice them. If you are thinking about this, talk to your photog. They probably have pictures they can show you of how it looks and also might be able to suggest ideas for staging this for you.

• Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    He was sitting on a bench on the beach and I walked up to him and he turned around. I loved it!
  • Options
    We had H waiting with his back to me, and me approaching him from behind.  It was a precious moment, and we love the pics.

What followed was even better, though: a two-hour photo shoot around the city with just the two of us.  We got some amazing shots around New Haven, from Farnham Gardens, the Peabody Museum (with dinosaurs!) and Old Campus at Yale.  It was great to have the time allotted to get those photos without keeping our guests waiting, and we actually got to have some downtime together prior to the ceremony which was really relaxing for us.  I think this is a good trend that a lot of modern couples are getting on board with.  I know I appreciate it as a guest, if the bride and groom can get the bulk of their pics done beforehand and arrive earlier to the party.
  • Options
    To give you an idea of first look pics:
    http://www.dorothygautreauxphoto.com/

I went to HS with her. She is really into FL pics and encourages couples to do them.
  • Options
    I walked up behind him and then he turned around when I was in back of him. 

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate your help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bellebride those are great pictures.  I just hope mine will be as great as those.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards