Not Engaged Yet

AW: Wedding

H and I got married! It was a fantastic day. The weather was nicer than forecast - dry and about 5* warmer than they thought, so that made the day more pleasant. The ceremony was beautiful and I only cried into my borrowed handkerchief (from GMIL) a little bit, which is more than she cried into it on her wedding day.

The food was fantastic at the reception. Everyone is still talking about the cake, which truly was to die for. We had a little hiccup getting the tables cleared to play games, but once that happened everything was smooth from there. Some people even did stick around for games, which was fun. And everyone got along, which was awesome!!

Photos:
The table of games, with cameo from my MoH and H's ring:
FBIL brought a tote of games as well - those came later. Very nice of him! Some of his games were quite popular.

H and I at the sweetheart table:

Teaser pic from pro:

No honeymoon yet. We're waiting for me to be done with my dissertation (speaking of which, 1 chapter to go for the draft!!), and I don't know where we're going because I'm not planning it. I planned most of the wedding, H is taking care of the honeymoon. I know it's domestic because I didn't want to mess with passports right now - I have enough else on my mind.

I'll be in and out for a while. I was sick right away after the wedding (ugh), came back a week and a half behind at work (amazing, didn't I only take a few days away?), and now I'm working on a take-home final for my class (but it's not so bad, just taking time).

Re: AW: Wedding

• Congrats!  I love the pics! Glad you had a great day and everything went so well.

Anniversary

• I was beginning to think you weren't going to update us!! Lol. I'm so glad to hear that your day was as you imagined it to be! Hopefully you will feel better soon and get to enjoy your honeymoon!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Congratulations! You and your H look so happy! I hope you're feeling better and I can't wait to hear where your secret HM will be! 

• Congrats! I'm so glad the games were a hit and that your big day was everything you'd hoped it would be. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but how nice your DH is planning the honeymoon! Surprises are fun...and no work for you. Can't wait to hear where you end up going!!!
  • Congratulations! I'm glad you had a great day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member
    edited May 2015

Congratulations! I'm so glad your day went smoothly with no major hiccups! I can't wait to see some more pictures, did you get anything of your cake or your décor? I can't remember what flavors you chose!

I can't wait to hear more about your surprise HM! Will you go after your draft is submitted or when you're completely done - defended it and everything?

ETA: I also love your pro teaser pic! That is 100% a ND sky! I'm glad you had nice weather for your day!

• It sounds like, even with the hiccup, that everything went really well! I love your sneak peek picture! Are you excited to cut your hair the way you want to now?!
  • Congrats!!! Your little hat/ fascinator/ don't even know what to call it is so cute!!

Do you have the time/ month planned for the honeymoon? I would hate to not know what my husband was planning for that, I like to be all up in the plans lol.

• I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful day! Everything turned out great! I'm sorry you were immediately sick and then overwhelmed at work though-- I hope the HM comes soon! Thanks for posting an update for us!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Congrats! I love the pics and so glad you had a great day! 
  • Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay, married lady! Your hair looks adorable! And I absolutely love the pro pic. Love love love.

• @all, thanks!

@labro, I don't have decor or cake pics yet. I know there were cell phones, but I haven't seen most of the pics people took. Our cake flavors were pink champagne with raspberry mousse filling, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, and amaretto with caramel filling. I know SSIL picked up 6 pieces, claimed they were all for the table, and then proceeded to eat them all. :D

As far as the honeymoon goes, I know it will be in mid-August. I'll have defended and walked at graduation by then. One thing at a time in my world - plus I'm nervous that if I took a vacation now I'd never get back into the swing of things on the dissertation. I'm having a hard enough time picking it up again as it is!
  • @all, thanks!

@labro, I don't have decor or cake pics yet. I know there were cell phones, but I haven't seen most of the pics people took. Our cake flavors were pink champagne with raspberry mousse filling, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, and amaretto with caramel filling. I know SSIL picked up 6 pieces, claimed they were all for the table, and then proceeded to eat them all. :D

As far as the honeymoon goes, I know it will be in mid-August. I'll have defended and walked at graduation by then. One thing at a time in my world - plus I'm nervous that if I took a vacation now I'd never get back into the swing of things on the dissertation. I'm having a hard enough time picking it up again as it is!
    hahaha I would do the same!
    Between the two of us, H and I had 4 pieces. My uncle had 4, I know someone else had 6 or so but I can't put my finger on who it was off the top of my head.
  • Ummm love the teaser pics! You look gorgeous and so happy with your new husband. Congratulations on both the wedding and first draft approval of your dissertation (I apologize if I am late on the latter)!
  • labrolabro member

@all, thanks!

hahaha I would do the same!
    Between the two of us, H and I had 4 pieces. My uncle had 4, I know someone else had 6 or so but I can't put my finger on who it was off the top of my head.
    So....what you're saying is no leftover chocolate cake for me? :(

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @bride2b71614, you're actually early on 1st draft approval! But thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to write one more chapter, then send it to my committee.
  • yummm your cake sounds delicious! 
  • Thanks for the AW! You two look so happy and I am glad to hear that you had a great day! I can't wait to hear where you are going for your honeymoon either! 

• congrats!! glad everything went (mostly) smoothly for you!!!! you look gorgeous and you and H look so adorable at the sweetheart table!! good luck getting caught up on life! hope you are feeling better!!
  • @KeptInStitches congratulations! I love all the games. You also looked amazing! :) I love your dress.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats!
    Looks like everything went perfect!

Your wedding cake sounds fantastic!

Anniversary
  • Congrats! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards