New Jersey

Mountain Lakes Club - beautiful venue - rare find

For those of you who are having a hard time with finding a venue in North Jersey, I would recommend the Mountain Lakes Club in Mountain Lakes NJ. We stumbled upon it after visiting Lake Valhalla and having a terrible first meeting with them. We knew we wanted something local and also a lake setting. I think I spent quite a long time on Google but eventually found this place. They are not a traditional wedding venue as they mostly have smaller corporate events and parties for the members. But we really loved the setting and the banquet room was nice and open with beautiful windows and a deck looking out to the lake. The prices here are reasonable however we found it slightly difficult to communicate with their events manager. There a few things that were promised and not delivered but in the end everything still turned out beautifully. Our wedding was in early April and we got extremely lucky with the weather allowing us to have the ceremony outside looking out to the lake. The food here was quite good although I did hear from my guests that there weren't enough plates for everyone during cocktail hour. I would definitely recommend this venue if you want something laid back and at the same time classy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards