Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Will a spray tan ruin my dress & my day?

Hi all,

I definitely need some color for our wedding!  I want a spray tan, and I've been reading that I should go 2 days in advance, but I'm worried it'll get all over my white dress.  Has anyone had this experience, or can you share any tips on how to spray tan without issues?

Thank you!

Re: Will a spray tan ruin my dress & my day?

• You should go 2 days in advance regardless, not even because of your dress, but because the solution takes up to 36-48 hours to completely process. If you go on Thursday, your color will be completely processed for your wedding on Saturday.

I've spray tanned for two weddings I was in and had an excellent experience both times. If it's your first time, I would recommend a hand-airbrushed tan rather than a booth, and I'd recommend trying it out at least once or twice before the wedding to get the color right.

As for your dress, that shouldn't be an issue at all. The solution has never stained my clothes before, and most of it will be washed off by the wedding anyway if  you do it 2 days before (you can shower 24 hours later).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The only thing that can "ruin" your wedding is if you dont end up married.
  • Thanks charcoalandblush, that's so helpful!  NO thanks to ashley.
  • I spray tanned once and showered twice prior to wearing my dress and the entire bust is a lovely brown shade. Having said that though, I don't really care. It's not noticeable in photos, nobody has said anything about it and I really don't care. Didn't ruin my day.

What is this?

She's right - even if your dress gets ruined, it won't ruin your day. My dress got spilled on and stepped on all night and my wedding wasn't ruined in the slightest. It's great advice to get the idea out of your head now that innocuous things like stains could "ruin your day."

Go a few days ahead of time, exfoliate well beforehand, shower thoroughly a few times after it sets, and hope for the best. Worst case scenario. find a good dry cleaner.

LOL
    Yeah Ashley! How DARE you point out to her that her wedding won't be ruined by anything unless she doesn't end up married!

GOD DAMNIT ASHLEY CAN'T YOU JUST LET US FREAK OUT ABOUT BULLSHIT THAT DOES NOT MATTER!!
  • Damn, of all the things that can ruin a wedding how could I have forgotten spray tanning?    Would you put that before or after  FI slept with the MOH/BM/Person-of-honor?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:

Damn, of all the things that can ruin a wedding how could I have forgotten spray tanning?    Would you put that before or after  FI slept with the MOH/BM/Person-of-honor?

Before FI sleeping with a WP member, but after someone else having the audacity to wear white. I mean, obviously.

• lyndausvi said:

Damn, of all the things that can ruin a wedding how could I have forgotten spray tanning?    Would you put that before or after  FI slept with the MOH/BM/Person-of-honor?

Before FI sleeping with a WP member, but after someone else having the audacity to wear white. I mean, obviously.

I second this. FI sleeping with a bridal party member won't ruin my photos!!!11

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If you're concerned about if a spray tan will cause issues... don't get one?

I have to admit, I don't get why people like spray tans. I also don't understand normal tanning, though. I don't tan. I can't tan. Tanning is a non-issue for me. (That also means I don't get tan lines-- and I rarely burn past a slight pink now that I've mastered the use of sunblock.)

I've seen people who look good with tans though. However, I've never looked at a woman and thought, "Ugh, she looks terrible! She needs to tan before she wears something like that again." And I highly doubt anyone will at the OP's wedding. Therefore, I don't think Ashley's comment was out of place. I think it was very helpful for her to point out that a spray tan and whatever its effects won't ruin the day. Sorry, OP. Maybe you should rethink your priorities?

• If you're concerned about if a spray tan will cause issues... don't get one?

I have to admit, I don't get why people like spray tans. I also don't understand normal tanning, though. I don't tan. I can't tan. Tanning is a non-issue for me. (That also means I don't get tan lines-- and I rarely burn past a slight pink now that I've mastered the use of sunblock.)

I've seen people who look good with tans though. However, I've never looked at a woman and thought, "Ugh, she looks terrible! She needs to tan before she wears something like that again." And I highly doubt anyone will at the OP's wedding. Therefore, I don't think Ashley's comment was out of place. I think it was very helpful for her to point out that a spray tan and whatever its effects won't ruin the day. Sorry, OP. Maybe you should rethink your priorities?

I agree. It won't ruin your day, OP. However. If youre that nervous about it, I would skip it altogether.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards