Snarky Brides
Options

I just have to snark

On a FB friend who posted a honeymoon registry.  Well, really she posted her wedding website, and I looked at it and found the registry.  

But anyways, they registered for a honeymoon that will take MONTHS.  Literal MONTHS.  They registered for crossfit in three different countries, plus money for "souvenirs" and "window shopping."  

I just....*sigh* 

Re: I just have to snark

• Options
    MONTHS?????? HOW THO????
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

MONTHS?????? HOW THO????

I have no idea.  They registered for a pad that will organize all of their electronics, "because we have so many!"  Maybe they're planning on working during it.  

The souvenirs pissed me off though.  I'm not chipping in to buy Aunt Bertha something from Italy.  It's ballsy enough you're asking me to pay for your multi-month trip through Europe.  

• Options
    JFC
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    beethery said:

MONTHS?????? HOW THO????

My uncle's best friend did a trip around the world on a boat for their honeymoon. They were gone for like 2 years and had a baby on that trip. I think they had their baby in Australia, so they stayed there for a while. (I don't remember all the details, this was like 20 years ago).

Sounds pretty cool, but they financed it themselves like you're supposed to.

If you can't afford your own vacation, you should not be going for months.

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

beethery said:

MONTHS?????? HOW THO????

My uncle's best friend did a trip around the world on a boat for their honeymoon. They were gone for like 2 years and had a baby on that trip. I think they had their baby in Australia, so they stayed there for a while. (I don't remember all the details, this was like 20 years ago).

Sounds pretty cool, but they financed it themselves like you're supposed to.

If you can't afford your own vacation, you should not be going for months.

*****SITB*****

I really really want that to be my honeymoon now. 
  • Options
    @huskypupyy14 - That does sound awesome

@levioosa - Are they seriously expecting their guests to pay for this sort of grand tour? Why not just ask for a house? At least then the guests could go to the house and see it or something like a normal wedding gift. I think your acquaintance may have just earned herself a Chuck-E-Cheese gift card or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards