New York-New York City
Options

UK bride in need of guidance...

Hi all,

I live in Manchester, England and recently visited New York City to celebrate my 30th. It was already an amazing trip made even better by my boyfriend- now fiancé!- who surprised me with an engagement. Now, we've decided that we really want to get married there also. Problem is, after 3 days of solid internet surfing we are still a little confused and are finding it quite difficult to locate starting points being over in the UK.

Can anyone recommend a rooftop setting for a ceremony, a place for a cocktail hour or a restaurant to contact? It would be a very low key affair with probably fewer than 20 people and we would like something very laid back. We are open to all options at the moment. In the evening, we'd also like somewhere to dance. We aren't bothered about private spaces or dining just somewhere where we can relax and have fun with friends and family. We don't know what day we would get married but it could be a weekday.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance and congratulations to all you brides (and grooms) to be.

Tor

Re: UK bride in need of guidance...

• Options
    KWebb84KWebb84 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hi Tor,

I recommend using a venue search site like EventUp.com. If you just put a search in for "rooftop lounge", and filter for venues, you'll see a bunch of options in the city, along with their pricing. Then you can contact them directly. Eventup.com also has event planning services too, though I haven't used them. I've been told they're free, though. One of the reps contacted me. You can also find something there for dancing. I really recommend checking it out. I found them AFTER I booked my venue.

And it's actually surprisingly cheap to get married in parks in NYC, even Central Park. It's not great if you have a large wedding, but if it's small, and low key, I'd consider this option. :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    If it's in your budget, I would recommend hiring a coordinator who can help you put this together. I imagine planning a destination wedding in another country would be difficult!  In addition to month-of and full planning services, my coordinator, Polka Dot Events, has a service called "Destination: NYC."  In reading her reviews before I booked her I remember reading about an overseas bride who hired her to plan her NY wedding.  Just a suggestion!  www.pdotevents.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards