Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Foundation that WILL NOT melt off?

We're having a destination wedding next month in Hawaii, we are quite honestly getting married in the jungle and I want a foundation that will not melt off my face. I NEED good coverage! I don't care if it seems cakey, just as long as it stays on and looks nice.

I was planning to go with MUFE HD as it's been my favorite for awhile, but not sure if there is a better option?

Re: Foundation that WILL NOT melt off?

• I've never used MUFE HD, but always used to wear Almay Clear Complexion when I was on a collegiate dance team. I danced through some long, hot football and basketball games wearing that stuff and it never came off. I also liked it because it didn't seem too cakey and didn't cause me to break out after use. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having a destination wedding next month in Hawaii, we are quite honestly getting married in the jungle and I want a foundation that will not melt off my face. I NEED good coverage! I don't care if it seems cakey, just as long as it stays on and looks nice.

I was planning to go with MUFE HD as it's been my favorite for awhile, but not sure if there is a better option?
    I've used MUFE, and wasn't happy with it's staying power. In the summer, it was useless to me.

I'm a person that needs good coverage. (Brown patches like a damned pinto pony's butt.)
    I am really really happy with the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, and the Timeless Smoothing primer is the best damned primer I've ever used. Ever. (I've tried all of them. Yes, I'm a makeup junkie.) It just locks that makeup on, and my skin is looking better than it has in years. I'm in love with this stuff. 
    Go to Sephora and get samples. It's amazing. 
  • I second what everyone else said. Additionally, I have to suggest a setting spray. Ben Nye setting spray is supposed to be fantastic but I use the NYX setting spray as well as the Urban Decay setting spray. So primer, a good quality foundation, and a setting spray.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ooooh thank you so much ladies! I am excited to hit up Sephora now, haha! 
  • If I may also suggest Hourglass Veil Mineral primer - I used to only wear Smashbox primers until I found this nugget of gold (I have sensitive skin with an oily t-zone). I also suggest an eye primer and second the setting spray options. 
  • My favorite eye primer is Bare Minerals 5-in-1 Blah Blah Blah. They're all tinted, but I just buy one of the lighter shades and go from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A good primer is key. I use Revlon ColorStay for oily skin everyday. that stuff stays on for 16 hours without fading. I used it on my wedding day and it was still on the next morning. I love it.

• hellohkb said:

I second what everyone else said. Additionally, I have to suggest a setting spray. Ben Nye setting spray is supposed to be fantastic but I use the NYX setting spray as well as the Urban Decay setting spray. So primer, a good quality foundation, and a setting spray.

So I just used the Ben Nye setting spray for the first time and holy hell. I was out in the Florida sun in 90+ degree heat all day and I even went swimming in the evening and my makeup was still on.

• Benefit "big easy" cream! It's more along the lines of a BB cream but has lasting power of foundation! It's liquid to powder and I believe has SPF in it. Def worth looking into!

Regardless bring blotting tissues and powder and test setting sprays. Helps :)
  • Benefit "big easy" cream! It's more along the lines of a BB cream but has lasting power of foundation! It's liquid to powder and I believe has SPF in it. Def worth looking into!

If you're getting pictures taken, I would avoid a foundation with SPF. But I'm kind of curious about this foundation for everyday use. I'm going to check it out tomorrow when I hit up ULTA! :)

• hellohkb said:
    Benefit "big easy" cream! It's more along the lines of a BB cream but has lasting power of foundation! It's liquid to powder and I believe has SPF in it. Def worth looking into!

If you're getting pictures taken, I would avoid a foundation with SPF. But I'm kind of curious about this foundation for everyday use. I'm going to check it out tomorrow when I hit up ULTA! :)
    I've used it for pictures and since it's mixed properly, it actually doesn't cause issue! {step-dad in law is a photographer, so i've seen it} It's definitely worth a look. Doesn't look cakey with concealer and powder. AND IT'S MATTIFYING {shameless plug for Benefit lmao}
  • I stay away from silicone based foundations. 

I never had luck with MUF HD. Always broke out and always slid off my face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards