Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wed drama recap

first off we paid for the entire wedding ourselves, with exception of my dress and the rehersal. (my parents paid for that).

His mother said nov 1st she would not be attending our wedding bc we did not invite her nephew's wife's two sister-in-laws children and friends. So we invited the 6 adults (3 couples) but not the 12 children under 14, each couple had 4. We got in a huge argument at thanksgiving over everything, which ended with them still not attending the wedding. 3 days before the wedding his mom calls and asks if she can come tothe wedding. SO ANNOYING. anyways they come and at th wedding walk in and stand at the front of the church (they didn't sit down) they didn't know what to do bc... they haven't spoken to me or seen me in over a month...did i mention his mom was wearing white..... anywho after the ceremony we took "family" pictures and his younger brother had already left to the reception we waited fo nearly 15 mins for him, (our venue had both the chapel and reception on the same property) i was highly irratated with his family. But they just looked ridiculous. Oh and his mom fell at the reception while dancing...but i missed it bc the husband and i had stepped out for a minute (bc my dress was so hot!).
anyways i wish his family did not suck so much, bc they caused a lot of extra stess the 2 months leading up to the wedding.

but its all over now and I am happily married to the love of my life.

Re: wed drama recap

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wed-drama-recap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:89ab6c89-66d4-4a06-bdc2-1807e4abca4bPost:ca8f31f4-6612-4a63-b023-8385287dc198">wed drama recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]first off we paid for the entire wedding ourselves, with exception of my dress and the rehersal. (my parents paid for that). <strong>His mother said nov 1st she would not be attending our wedding bc we did not invite her nephew's wife's two sister-in-laws children and friends.</strong> So we invited the 6 adults (3 couples) but not the 12 children under 14, each couple had 4. We got in a huge argument at thanksgiving over everything, which ended with them still not attending the wedding. <em><strong>3 days before the wedding his mom calls and asks if she can come tothe wedding. SO ANNOYING.</strong></em> anyways they come and at th wedding walk in and stand at the front of the church (they didn't sit down) they didn't know what to do bc... they haven't spoken to me or seen me in over a month...did i mention his mom was wearing white..... anywho after the ceremony we took "family" pictures and his younger brother had already left to the reception we waited fo nearly 15 mins for him, (our venue had both the chapel and reception on the same property) i was highly irratated with his family. <em><strong>But they just looked ridiculous.</strong></em> <em><strong>Oh and his mom fell at the reception while dancing...but i missed it</strong></em> bc the husband and i had stepped out for a minute (bc my dress was so hot!). anyways i wish his family did not suck so much, bc they caused a lot of extra stess the 2 months leading up to the wedding. but its all over now and I am happily married to the love of my life.
    Posted by monkey2122[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Unnecessary drama. Be happy that she decided to come. (She's in your life now.) Try to look at the positive.

And I'm sorry but, except for the invitation drama and the wearing white, you sound so judgy. I'm sure there's much more to this story. Why are you complaining that she fell on the dance floor? Would you have laughed at her if you seen this happen? Is the woman okay?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats!! Glad there were no major hicups :)
  • At the end of the day you are married to the love of your life, and thats all that matters!  So sorry you had to deal with all that drama though!

• Congrats!
  • I'm sorry I have to say Yes I do believe that marrying the person of your dreams is one of the most important things about a wedding...but with that said if it didn't "matter" what happened in the end aslong as you married that person is a load of bull.....I mean why else would we spend months and months sometimes even years to plan this wedding if it didn't "matter" what happened and even being on a wedding website to get the know how's and what ifs of what you have to look forward to on your wedding day...if it isn't that much of a issue then just take your groom to the jps office and get married and save money time and you can say at the end of the day you atleast married the love of your life......I'm sorry I have just been reading a couple of post and all the post have in them about all the bad things or mishaps don't matter....guess what they do or wee wouldn't put so much time and effort into having the wedding of our dreams to GO WITH the man of our dreams....my wedding isn't until july I have my fingers crossed I have as little mishaps as possible! Haha congrats monkey!
  • I'm with you. I could have done without the drama. I foolishly accepted when my MIL offered to make my cake. She came a week early to do it and spent the whole time drunk, making my house dirty. Awesome.

If I had to do it over, I would pay a million dollars not to repeat that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards