Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding crashers!

We just got married 10 days ago and we're still talking non stop about it. We call our wedding "a slice of life" because the experience encompassed our love for each other and involved our dearest friends and family. We're not sure about how to deal with real life wedding crashers! My husband invited friends from high school and chose not to invite all of his friends from that particular "group" from his past based on the fact he has not kept in touch with a particular couple for almost a decade. Turns out the couple who was invited decided to take along the couple who was not invited on a "road trip" from Georgia to NJ where our wedding is located. This couple decided to show up during the last hour or so of our wedding, told us they crashed the wedding as well. My husband and I were so caught up with the emotion of the day & evening that we both experienced a delayed reaction to their presence, acknowledged them then they left. Moving to the present. We have talked about how utterly rude this was of them, we still can't quite wrap our head around this. To top it off, they typed (we had a typewriter instead of a guest book) "A Big F U from Atlanta, thanks for the lost invitation in the mail" and "P.S. we didn't bring a present". My question is to the Knot experts and new wives out there in KNOT land, what can be done? I feel that I want to do something or does "take the high road" fit in to this situation? Thank you in advance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards