Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday morning

6let is off to school.  I ordered school supplies for next year.  I also ordered the rest of the summer clothes- 3 swim trunks, 6 shorts, 4 tees, 2 pj sets for $47.  Kohl's has good stacking coupons right now: babylove10 ($10off $30), sandal30, may4mvc (free shipping).  I did it in two orders.

I'm taking the others to learn about eagles this morning and I have some work to do.  Not sure what else.

Re: Wednesday morning

• Options
    I'll have to see what Kohls has for us.  The kids still need a few things.

I'm really tired this morning.  Son had a late baseball game last night and we froze.  Winter coats in May are annoying.

The kids only have 12 days of school left.
  • Options
    Yesterday was so much fun.  A ton of my friends were there and we had the best time.  I saw a couple drivers (Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud) and got to do some day drinking.  All my co-workers ubered.  I wish I would have thought of that, as there were a shit-ton of extra drink tickets. 

I'm exhausted today. Before I left for the track, our toilet overflowed and DH forgot to recaulk around the toilet after we did repairs this winter, so of course water was coming through the ceiling. He caulked yesterday (IDK what he was thinking NOT caulking).  And then I had never been to the track and it's HUGE, so I was really stressed about where I was going (I had directions, but not knowing exactly where I'm going/what I'm doing always gives me the 'fight or flight' feeling).  And then DefConn ninja'd into our bed last night.  The problem with him in our bed is that he always wants to snuggle into me, so I'll sometimes move away and then he'll snuggle in and then next thing I know, I'm falling out of bed.  He also spent a good 10 min solid kicking me in the back.  I don't think coffee is going to cut it.  I feel a nap coming on. 

I did get a ride back to my parking lot via a bike taxi and my driver had a very fine behind and nice calves. :) 
  • Options
    We survived the first swim practice.  Tonight, I'm definitely taking DS to the little pool.  There was some toddler rage when he didn't understand why he couldn't follow DD and the other big kids into the lane pool.  DD liked it well enough and made some friends, but complained that the water was too cold.  She hopped out to warm up and her poor legs were like bottle brushes, big goosebumps and hair standing on end.  Hopefully it will warm up as the season goes on.

Just as we were arriving, I got a call back from EI about DS's formal sensory eval.  She was super helpful and took some additional info and filled me in on the next steps.  I felt badly because I was That Mom on a cell phone, half listening to her and half wrangling the kids.  I wanted to let it go to VM, but decided to take it since it was important.  Not sure that was the right call, but at least the process is moving forward again.  (I still don't think he has official Sensory Issues, but I'm no expert, so we'll see what they think.)   
  • Options
    I'm having medical and insurance issues - ugh.  I went to reg. Dr. last week and she called back about lab work, says I'm very iron def. anemic.  Then I went to the derm on Friday for my psoriasis and he wants me to start Humira - I'm not super happy about giving myself a shot but am hopeful it will help both the psoriasis and the arthritis - but not so easy because of course my insurance is refusing it, why can't stuff EVER be easy?
  • Options
    Peg, I hope you sort it all out and I said the same thing this morning. Why can't stuff every be easy?
  • Options
    i feel a little worn out - we've been busy getting ready for our trip and cleaning the house for my parents' visit. DK has been awesome in cleaning/organizing the house. I've been doing a lot of the last minute planning - figuring out the best ways for us to get around (we'll be using the metro/trains a lot), sorting out the hours that different attractions are open and where they are in town, printing info on the hotel/ship/itinerary, cleaning/organizing all of my camera equipment, pulling together the medical POA for Wolverine, etc. 

i'm super excited for the trip and getting to spend a lot of alone time with DK, it's been about 4.5 years since we've actually spent a night together without Wolverine. (since she came home from the NICU at 12 days old) - so this has been a long time coming. 
  • Options
    I'm finishing up office work for the week today.  Tomorrow I travel to AZ for work.  DH is coming along and we are extending through the weekend.  Hoping the rain will stay away for Saturday so we can get clear views of the Grand Canyon. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm in a funk.  Work is quiet, I'm avoiding conflict and my body has decided it wants to have a somewhat sharkweek for going on the what....11th day now?

If I die from blood loss, just know I love you all.   *dramatic faint*
  • Options
    Ugh, Mrs0, that is the worst.  Good news is your body is adjusting so you can create a human!
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    That's what I keep telling myself MNNE.  I have to remember I can't control all things, and that my body is getting where it needs to be.  PATIENCE. 
  • Options
    Went out at lunch and it was just beautiful.  And I'll be at the pool after work!
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    @pegasuskat - my mom and brother have both used Humira and had excellent results. My mom is really disappointed that she has had to discontinue it. (I think because she was on it for the max length of time or something so she has to take a break?) She is back to doing light treatments and hates it, especially since she already has some spots that they're watching for skin cancer. I feel so bad for her, and everyone who has psoriasis. My mom, brother, and aunt have/had it, and my paternal grandmother had it. So far, I've been fortunate to have no outward symptoms, but my doctor suspects that I have psoriatic arthritis and that might be behind some immune system issues I have. (We haven't done a complete blood workup on it yet, because we're dealing with some other heal th issues first, but it's on our list.)
    I hope your insurance gets worked out for the Humira and that you enjoy the results! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Flo.  I actually just got a call that I can it through their mail service so it should come in a few days.  I have had psoriasis since I was a teenager and the psoriatic arthritis for about 4/5 years.  With my heart issues and having no ins. for awhile I let it go to the back burner and just suffered, but I am so excited to have good results with the Humira, I've heard good stuff!  If you think you have it get it checked asap so you don't let it go like I did!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards