Wedding Invitations & Paper

Return address stamps on the back of envelope?

So FMIL is furiously addressing all the envelopes using her beautiful calligraphy and I just ordered a return address stamp for the back of our envelope using the following format:

Chloe & Fiancé's first name
Condo address
Condo unit
City, state
Zip

Now I'm starting to freak out that the envelopes will not be returned because we aren't using proper US Post Office return address instructions- we have no last names on the return address and we live in a condo building where we won't get mail delivered to us unless our last names are on the mailbox.

Has anyone used this format on their invitations? Has it been a problem if invitations get sent back. With 140+ invitations going out next month, I'm sure we've made at least one address mistake.

Re: Return address stamps on the back of envelope?

• Well I don't live in a condo unit,so I can't speak to that aspect, but I used a return address stamp that my FI and my first names only on the back flap of all of my save the date and invitation envelope and had a few successfully returned to us that were improperly addressed, so it doesn't seem to be an impediment to getting things returned when necessary.
  • If your P.O. won't deliver mail to your condo without last names, then you should have a new stamp made up with Smith - Jones Wedding on the first line or rent a P.O. box. 

You could try a dry run. Make up a few envelopes with wrong addresses to see if they get returned to your condo mailbox. TBH, I wouldn't chance it with so invitations.  

• chloe97chloe97 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good plan! We have time before the invitations must go out. I will do a test run when w get the stamp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards