Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Welcome Party Invitation

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are getting married where we live, but most of our guests (both my family and his family) are from out-of-town. In lieu of a rehearsal dinner, we're having a welcome party and inviting everyone that will be traveling. 

I was thinking with our invitation, we could include an insert that invites our out-of-town guests to the welcome party. This way, we save postage and our guests can plan.

I'm just wondering how that works in terms of RSVP's. Should we instruct guests to RSVP to my fiance's mom on the insert? But have everyone send back their reply card to RSVP to the wedding? Or do you think it would be better to send an entirely separate invitation? 

Just curious if anyone else has done this before! 

Re: Welcome Party Invitation

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

How formal is the welcome party?  If it's casual, then you could use evites.

If it's more formal, you should do a separate invitation with its own RSVP.

• Options
    They are separate events so they should have separate invitations.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! It's a very casual party--we'll have drinks with appetizers/stations. 

When would be an appropriate time to send out the second invitation? I would still like people to be able to plan for the party!

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated! 
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'd send them out 3 to 4 weeks in advance.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

I'd send them out 3 to 4 weeks in advance.

This, but you can tell people verbally if you're afraid they'll make plans to get in too late for the party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards