Not Engaged Yet

Friday Flames!

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!!

First and foremost, Happy Wedding Weekend to @GoldenPenguin !!!! I know you will have the most beautiful and insanely fun wedding ever! I can't wait to hear updates!!

I flame the brown recluse spider (literally) for deciding to come into my house this morning while I'm leaving for work. Maddux attempted to eat you but luckily I killed you first with a lighter. 

What are your flames this morning?

Tonight I'm going to CrossFit and then Maddux and I will probably do some unpacking and arranging around the house while DH is at work.

Tomorrow we reveal to our families the Sex of our baby!!! I'm so excited! We haven't had both families together since our wedding a year and a half ago so this should be a good time. I will definitely have pictures to share.

Sunday is more unpacking and probably cleaning up the old house.

Re: Friday Flames!

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Good morning!! 

@SouthernPeach89 I can't wait to find out what your having!! Have a great time at the reveal!

We don't have anything planned for this weekend. I know BF has to go help his mom with some stuff around the house, and he has to mow our lawn. Last weekend we were really busy so I didn't get to really clean around the house so that is my plan.

Today my flame is myself. I went to a retirement party last night and drank way to much and I'm feeling it right now. So I flame myself for being stupid!

ETA the red so my flame is angry looking too!
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 Ugh I hate that feeling! Don't feel stupid though, we have all been there definitely. More times than I would like to admit.

@TwoDimes Ugh I'm so frustrated for you! This is your time to celebrate and have a great time and not have to worry about your family member's pets! I hope they can make other arrangements.
  • I flame the pollen or whatever is causing my allergies to be pretty miserable. 

I flame my house for not cleaning itself.  Yea I know it's silly. I have to do some cleaning tonight, since IL's are coming over tomorrow and I don't want to do anything.....

Anniversary

• I flame the graduate school for canceling my assistantship (read: my current job) when what I asked for was my health insurance canceled. And for doing this without the knowledge or approval of my supervisor, adviser, or college. And for sending out the letter two days before the end of the semester. And specifically the woman who processes assistantships for not being in the day those letters went out (what a chickenshit move).

Guess what I'm doing this morning?
  • @southernpeach89 I never saw that movie, but we all need a smart house, or a live in housekeeper.

Anniversary

• @twodimes taco bar sounds amazing for lunch.  I'm jealous!

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes Yay for an exciting weekend! I demand pictures from your dress fitting!
  • I flame the brown recluse spider (literally) for deciding to come into my house this morning while I'm leaving for work. Maddux attempted to eat you but luckily I killed you first with a lighter. 

Girl, you are hardcore! And brave! I would have let the spider have the room and hid in fear the rest of the day.

@caseface5 and @southernpeach89 OMG SMART HOUSE! Memories!

@peaseblossom55 I wish my apartment would clean itself too, and I wish the pollen would chill out.

---------------------
    flame myself for gaining 5 pounds and purposely avoiding the scale for a while. I've been working really hard this week to make up for it, but the pounds aren't melting off quite like I'd hoped. I think it's still too soon for my body to let go of the weight though... I keep forgetting that it's only been a few days since I started hitting the gym really hard. So I also flame myself for putting too much pressure on myself... 

Not too much going on this weekend. Tonight FI and I may redeem a couple of Groupons at a local movie theatre. He wants to see Mad Max, and I want to see Pitch Perfect 2... so we'll see what happens lol. Tomorrow I'm going with @audrewuh to pick out a BM dress for my wedding, and then afterwards FI is hosting a Star Wars night at our place. We're going to make ST Oven Fried Chicken for everyone, and we got green beans, mashed potatoes, croissants, and some desserts too. It should be a fun night! Sunday I need to meet with my friend's mom to discuss invitation designs a bit more, and then we have GoT that night. 

My boss told me to leave around lunch today since I didn't get to WFH this week... so the goal is to leave here by 2 :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 HAHA! I didn't want to touch it with a tissue because I was irrationally scared that it would some how bite me through the tissue so death by fire it is.
  • @speakeasy14 OMG that sounds like a perfect thing to do for your anniversary! I love it!
  • @GoldenPenguin - Happy Wedding Weekend!!!!

@KeptinStitches - What the fuck?! I'd be livid if I were you! 

@Untouchablets - Congrats to your brother! I understand your mixed feelings. My brother also considered going into the military, he was pretty set on it almost his entire junior/senior years of high school. He ended up changing his mind at the last minute and going to college though (my mom made him apply to colleges his senior year). Of course he's going to become a cop so still not the safest job. His long-term girlfriend is going to school to become a teacher and I always joke with them that they are the most typical american couple ever.

I flame all the people who come to the credit union I work out to make huge withdrawals (thousands of dollars) and then bitch at me when I ask for their ID. Even people I've never seen before in my life will do this. And I get crap like "I've been a member for 35 years and no one's ever asked for my ID blah blah blah" Well bitch guess what! I've been here 5 months and I don't know who the fuck you are so hand it over or I'm not giving you anything.

• @Eilis1228 OMG. Velociraptornotachicken eat spiders for breakfast!  For real though...I hope that never happens to me lol.
  • @bethsmiles, @eilis1228, @speakeasy14 - problem solved. It appears this was an application of the Peter Principle in which many different people rose to their level of incompetence. A couple weeks ago, I asked to have my health insurance canceled because H has better coverage than I did and we could add me to his; seems someone in payroll heard that and went "oh let's cancel the assistantship and then put her down as graduating in May because why not." That would have been really fucking awkward when I went to submit my dissertation or defend. Anyway, they canceled my insurance and reinstated my assistantship, which is all I wanted in the first place. Should not have taken even remotely as much effort as it did, though.

And livid doesn't even begin to describe it. There was a great disturbance in the Force. A great disturbance. Alderaan looked small by comparison.
  • @eilis1228 Omg!!! I am crying at my desk.  
  • @TwoDimes - OMG, I feel for you! It's bad enough when people dont' have a well bahaved dog, but if they expect YOU to watch it, and dont' keep it from being an asshole themselves, that is so irritating!

@KeptInStitches - Fuck. I'm so sorry lady. FLAME AWAY!

@untouchablets - I never feel comfortable tlaking about the military because I never know how to explain myself, and I don't want to offend anyone. Like, I appreciate what they do for us, I just just don't want anyone I know to have their job, you know? It seems selfish, but it's true.

@bethsmiles - You tell em, girl! Get that ID!.... People are infuriating.

-----------------------------------------

I FLAME my stomach for being all weird this morning. I'm sitting in a very quiet office and it's making those loud squealy noises, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go for a hike in the morning, hopefully see a house or two, and then go see my girlfriends near Olympia. We're gonna see Pitch Perfect 2, and I'm so excited! Then sunday is my friend's baby shower. Another girl I know (that I don't like) is butthurt that I'm not going to her bridal shower that is scheduled on the same day. First off, she knows I'm way better friends with the pregnant girl. Second off, I got the baby shower invite almost a month ago, whereas I got the bridal shower invite only last weekend...... Kind of an easy call, sorrynotsorry.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    @KeptinStitches - Yay! I'm glad they got it sorted out for you! This type of crap happens way too often in higher education.

ETA: @AlPacina - Haha...it drives me so insane! I rant about this to BF at least twice a week. I probably shouldn't let it get under my skin so much but it's just common sense to bring your ID to the bank!

• @bethsmiles, yep, not even remotely the first rodeo I've done with administration. This one's the first time they threatened my paycheck, though.
  • @southernpeach89 i wish i could have seen you light a spider on fire. also cant wait to find out if youre having a boy or a girl!!

@caseface5 oh ive totally been there. hopefully you can slack off at work today.... the night i met BF was a thursday night and we ended up being out until 4am and drinking WAY TOO MUCH. i had to get up at 7 for work. i made it in for about 2 hours, did nothing but stare at my computer and pretend to work, then waited til my boss went to lunch, and IMed him to say id be WFH the rest of the day. best. night. ever.

@twodimes thats really annoying that they just assume they can bring their dog. are you going to address it with them?

@untouchablets good luck tomorrow!! get on here ASAP afterwards and tell us how it went!

@keptinstitches soooo they cancelled your job? whaaaaat?

@peaseblossom55 i am with you on the self-cleaning house except didnt the smart house on disney turn evil????

i am WFH today. last night i ran a 5k woo!! then had chipotle afterwards...whoops! no major plans this weekend except going to a friends house tomorrow night to see her new place and celebrate my bday. also seeing horrible bosses 2 tonight....i hope its good!
  • @jenjen047, @alpacina - everything's okay now. Administration sorted it out.
  • @keptinstitches so glad everything worked out!! I swear universities hire the most incompetent people for administration.  Every school I've been to they cannot handle to simplest tasks.  It must be a job requirement.  I just filled out my intent to graduate form now, even though I'm graduating in December just because I know something will get screwed up.

Sort of funny story:  Just found out that the coworker who is retiring had his daughter drop him off at work today so that he can get plastered tonight.  This party is going to be entertaining. 
  • @KeptInStitches So glad it all worked out! Gotta love bureaucracy.

@Southernpeach89 I died when I read that! I would probably react the same way she did. I do not play with spiders! She said her kid turned out fine, so no harm done. :) 

@speakeasy14 lololololol I did too! Also, I looooove your idea for your anniversary. It sounds like a perfect night. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @twodimes - taco bar yummmmmm

@eilis1228 - dont beat yourself up, girl! you will lose the weight!!

@speakeasy14 - who the fuck forwards an invite?????? also happy anniversary! sounds like a perfect celebration.

@bethsmiles - people are stupid. that is all.

@keptinstitches - glad its sorted out!

i guess i didnt have a flame in my original post. i cant really think of anything, which is good!!
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    AlPacina said:

@untouchablets - I never feel comfortable tlaking about the military because I never know how to explain myself, and I don't want to offend anyone. Like, I appreciate what they do for us, I just just don't want anyone I know to have their job, you know? It seems selfish, but it's true.

I just feel like he's taking the easy way out. He never expressed a desire to enlist until last year. He's turning 22 this year. I highly respect ANYONE who decides to join the military, but I think for most people it is a calling and for him it just isn't. He's into sports and was in school to be a personal trainer and talked for most of his life about being a gym teacher and so it is weird for me to think of him being a soldier when he never mentioned it before.

ETA: I don't think the military is easy AT ALL IN ANY WAY, but I think he is using it as a quick fix, if that makes sense? Money problems and school... ya know? Sorry if I'm working it in a way that is offensive or insensitive. Meh! Family stuff I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards