Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Help me figure out my wedding hair.

So here's the deal, it's a casual barn wedding, my dress is probably going to be the fanciest thing there.  This is the dress: http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=5SS030  my belt is different... less bling, more pearls, and will be sewn on instead of tied. 

My hair is super long, like past the middle of my back.  No bangs at the moment (although I'd cut some if it made my style look nice), and while I have a lot of hair, it's very fine.  It does not hold curl well, and falls out of ponytails very easily.  Hair combs and things like that generally don't stay put although my bridal consultant said a good hairstylist can get a veil to stay.  I have an elbow length veil I plan on wearing for the ceremony, but then after that, no plans. 

So fair Knotties, any good ideas for my hair?  Should I get some kind of pretty comb or hairpiece to wear during the reception?  I feel like it should be an updo because of the pretty back of the dress.

Married 9.12.15

Re: Help me figure out my wedding hair.

• Moving this to Wedding Hair and Beauty
    *********************************************************************************

• Moving this to Wedding Hair and Beauty

Whoops didn't realize where I posted it, thank you :)
    Married 9.12.15
  • No problem! 

I really like something like this:
    It fits the vintage-y feel of your dress and it won't cover up that gorgeous back. You could easily tuck a veil in at the top of the "bun", then remove it when you go to the reception (what most people do anyway). And you wouldn't have to worry about it losing a curl.
    *********************************************************************************

• Or one of these:

• Ohhh these are all very pretty, thank you!  I pretty much know nothing about hair since I wear it long and straight, every day, so the help is greatly appreciated :)
    Married 9.12.15
  • Hi! I am a hair stylist as well as getting married, and with long hair the real factor is weight. Curls will fall out much faster because there is more length pulling it down. Getting the veil or combs to stay is a cinch with a little back combing and hairspray, so good news there! I would strongly recommend looking into braided styles. They are very on trend and can be easily adapted for longer hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards