Chit Chat

Paying to crash someone's wedding

Re: Paying to crash someone's wedding

• allispain said:

Anyone else had the stomach yet to look at their registry? You can pay $50 to tell them something they should do on their honeymoon. Anyone feel like chipping in and giving them some advice on how to be better human beings? :-)

I can't even with this shit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @allispain like go jump off a cliff?
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

Why do I have to live in the same world as these "people"?! WHY GOD??!!

• I can't believe these two found each other.

Then again, as my mom says, "As He makes them, He mates them".

Gross.
  • AlisonM23 said:

@allispain like go jump off a cliff?

Why yes, that is precisely what I was thinking. But using less polite language. Maybe if we were to phrase it in a "cute poem" it would be in a format they would be able to understand?
  • Someone please enter their e-mail and post some of the craziness on here.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Hoping it is some weird publicity stunt to try to be famous. Somehow that makes me feel better than it being real
  • My favorite part: "We're sure you've heard of how we met many times over, so we won't bore you with the details."

Um. No.
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    edited July 2015
    ***Removed for TOS violation***
  • esstee33 said:

Are you fucking kidding me: 

"Bouquet of Tullips from the Amsterdam's Flower Market

You can gift any amount you wish up to $20
    Price: $20

If you're a speculator, this gift could help ignite the tulip mania of the 21st century! 
    If you're a pragmatist, this gift could be a potential apology token that Chad uses to preserve the honeymoon state. 
    If you're a speculating pragmatist, then you are probably assuming Chad got in trouble for his pragmatist comment... and you would be right.

Amsterdam, Netherlands"

**box**

Sorry, I lied. THIS is my favorite part.

• +5 because they're not actually the ones pimping their friends; it was mentioned in the article, but not by them. Although the pictures of the bridal party on their website are ... a lot.

-50 because of the "$50 to suggest an activity" on their registry; what does that even mean?! What happens if somebody conversationally mentions something to them in person - do they get billed?

-1,000 for their "wedding trailer," which is literally three minutes of fake laughter and painfully awkward frolicking
  • afox007afox007 member
    edited May 2015

This came at the best time. Earlier today FI was setting up a kickstarter for his bands next record and I jokingly said he should have one of the high level rewards be an invitation for two to our wedding since the whole band will be there. 

As gross as the idea of that was this is way way worse.

ETA I have no idea why there is so much blank space above this and I cant delete it.
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Jesus God Almighty.

Do these two not have mothers? Somebody in their lives to say "If you publicly whore yourself out with this greedy, self aggrandizing, sickening bullshit, I will lose all respect I ever had for you as a human being. Forever."
    I am cringing with shame for them. 
    And worse, they think they're clever. They have no idea how pukeworthy they are. 

I don't even want people like this in my universe.
    My thoughts exactly!! They are actually proud of themselves and think they are soooo clever. Just NO. I'm so so embarrassed for them. I can't even. They top everything I have ever seen linked on the snarky brides forum. 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • kvrunskvruns member

+5 because they're not actually the ones pimping their friends; it was mentioned in the article, but not by them. Although the pictures of the bridal party on their website are ... a lot.

-50 because of the "$50 to suggest an activity" on their registry; what does that even mean?! What happens if somebody conversationally mentions something to them in person - do they get billed?

-1,000 for their "wedding trailer," which is literally three minutes of fake laughter and painfully awkward frolicking

Like the one bridesmaid pic humping the ground or whatever she is doing
  • kvruns said:

+5 because they're not actually the ones pimping their friends; it was mentioned in the article, but not by them. Although the pictures of the bridal party on their website are ... a lot.

Like the one bridesmaid pic humping the ground or whatever she is doing
    I thought it was the Little Mermaid thing I definitely did at the edge of the pool as a kid:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • falsarafalsara member
    The more I read the more I think: 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NymeruNymeru member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    They're definitely not the first to do this.  When I was searching for the article, I first found this: http://gatecrashmywedding.com/the-idea/
  • Are they angling for a reality show?
  • YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. THE WEDDING IS HAPPENING LIKE RIGHT NOW. BUY YOUR TICKETS.

• This is my Notre Dame bias, but I love that they are USC grads.
  • levioosa said:

YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. THE WEDDING IS HAPPENING LIKE RIGHT NOW. BUY YOUR TICKETS.

Is that what they put on facebook? Because I thought that the "weddings" were in June.

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

levioosa said:

YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. THE WEDDING IS HAPPENING LIKE RIGHT NOW. BUY YOUR TICKETS.

Is that what they put on facebook? Because I thought that the "weddings" were in June.
    Oops, my bad.  She was at a friend's wedding tonight.  Although a multi-state PPD would really have been the cherry on top of this clusterfuck.  

ETA:  She wore a long white dress to her friend's wedding.  She just posted a picture.  

• levioosa said:

levioosa said:

Oops, my bad.  She was at a friend's wedding tonight.  Although a multi-state PPD would really have been the cherry on top of this clusterfuck.  

ETA:  She wore a long white dress to her friend's wedding.  She just posted a picture.  

Don't give them too much credit; I'm pretty sure they're doing ceremonies in two states, and then a reception in a third?
  • I just googled "neck wallet". I don't understand how this is better than a fanny pack. 

Maybe it's just for gays.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards