Wedding Party
Options

Dress is TOO tight!!!

HELP! 

Just picked up my bridesmaid dress today...David's Bridal took the top in way too tight, the wedding is a week away. 

The dress has always been snug through my hips (it's a lace dress, the lace overlay isn't tight, it's the skirt/slip underneath) but now it's tight around my chest too! 

I'm in full blown panic mode. I can go braless and the top fits a little better but it's not particularly comfortable. 

PLEASE any tips/advice is needed! Can a seamstress/tailor add fabric to the skirt? 

Re: Dress is TOO tight!!!

• Options
    You shouldn't have accepted the dress if it didn't fit correctly. Go back to the shop to speak to the manager.

• Options
    kayla2536 said:

HELP! 

Just picked up my bridesmaid dress today...David's Bridal took the top in way too tight, the wedding is a week away. 

The dress has always been snug through my hips (it's a lace dress, the lace overlay isn't tight, it's the skirt/slip underneath) but now it's tight around my chest too! 

I'm in full blown panic mode. I can go braless and the top fits a little better but it's not particularly comfortable. 

PLEASE any tips/advice is needed! Can a seamstress/tailor add fabric to the skirt? 
    Bring it back to the store, tell them it's too tight, and make them let it out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Take it back to the shop and let them know that it's too tight and needs alteration so you can wear it comfortably.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    They can most likely let the seams back out. My wedding dress was too tight when it came in, so they removed from boning from the inside and took out the two side seams. It gave me an inch or two more room. 

Go back to the store. Tell them your concerns. Have them fix it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards