Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

How was the weekend? 

Ours was OK.  DH had two shitty work days on Friday and Saturday.  Yesterday we did get some stuff done around the house and went to Lowe's to purchase an air compressor. 

I tripped over the curb at daycare and went down hard.  My knee is going to be ugly.  

I also have raging PMS.  YAY Monday. 

Re: Morning

• Options
    My sister's shower yesterday was really nice.  It was a wonderful day and the turn out was great.  Everyone said they had a great time.

However.

DH began throwing up in the morning before I left to go to the shower.  At 4:45 he texted me that he couldn't stop throwing up.  We were just getting finished with clean-up so I got home as fast as I could (I was 90 miles away).

Long story short, I did drag him to the ER last night and he had his appendix removed at 2:00 this morning.  I spent the night there (got a whopping 20 minutes of sleep) and came home at 6:00 so I could get the kids off to school.  I'm taking son to school in about 20 minutes and then DD2 and I will head up to the hospital.  He should be able to come home late this afternoon.

I have never seen him in so much pain and the guy has cut a finger off.  I knew it was his appendix thanks to the googles (and what I already knew).  I'm so glad he will feel better soon.
  • Options
    OMG Taw!!! 

I'm glad Mr. Taw is OK, but holy shit.  I hope you can get some rest later on today.  How long is he going to be out of work recuperating?
  • Options
    I don't know for sure.  I know he'll be on light duty until after the follow-up appt in 10 days.  I'm not sure when he'll be able to go back to work though.  Hopefully I didn't miss the doctor this morning.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Holy cow Mr. Taw.  Try to rest a little today.

Max is still so, so sad.  Getting him dressed is so painful we just let him sleep in clothes.  He was up a good portion of the night crying in pain and all I could do is hug him. 

Yesterday I did manage to clean up the garage a bit, purged 3 bags of dirt and junk, sold a wagon and basketball hoop.  Today I've sold 3 toys, 5 shorts, and 5 shirts.  I have a whole other bag of donation.

My sad sack wanted French toast this morning, but we were out of the frozen stash.  So I just made a whole loaf to replenish then did a double batch of pancakes because that's what 1 and 2 wanted.  I also did a huge smoothie mix (I blend the fruit with flax then freeze). I've got dinner ready and decided to just double it to make one for the freezer.  Maybe tomorrow I'll restock the waffles. 

IL vents:

MIL and sFIL came for 6let's game Saturday.  Game time was 4:30, but at 4:15 the heavens opened up.  DH and 6let are on the field and I'm sitting with 2 and 3, 3 chairs, a blanket, a bag of toys, and an umbrella.  Those bastards just took off for their own car. 

We came back to the house.  6let had a bday party so he and I took off.  DH was ordering pizza and they were going to have a pajama party- M2's favorite thing ever.  They left to go to Best Buy...for a GPS.

They're still pissy we didn't go to MIL's cake and ice cream party.  At 4 pm.

• Options
    tawillers said:

Long story short, I did drag him to the ER last night and he had his appendix removed at 2:00 this morning.  I spent the night there (got a whopping 20 minutes of sleep) and came home at 6:00 so I could get the kids off to school.  I'm taking son to school in about 20 minutes and then DD2 and I will head up to the hospital.  He should be able to come home late this afternoon.

I have never seen him in so much pain and the guy has cut a finger off.  I knew it was his appendix thanks to the googles (and what I already knew).  I'm so glad he will feel better soon.
    Holy crap, taw.  I'm so glad he's all right and coming home soon. 

@6fsn, I saw that, poor little guy.  I hope he feels better soon. 

We had a good weekend here.  Yesterday, DH went to the gym to work out, DD was at a friend's, and DS was napping.  It was so very, blissfully quiet in the house. 

DH is WFH this morning because there was a water main break, and DC doesn't have any water.  They were supposed to be open "by 7:00 a.m. at the latest," yet here we are.  Poor DH is trying to write macros and entertain a toddler. 

Last soccer practice of the season tonight.  We've had a good run, but I think everyone is ready to move on.  If DD wants to play fall season, she'll be U8.  :O 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@Tawillers Is it terrible my first thought was "at least he's not contagious?"  I mean appendixes suck, but I think a family of stomach bugs might be worse.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good Morning.

Taw, that's scary but I'm glad you guys got it taken care of and I hope his recovery is quick and painless (or less painful at that).

6-Poor little fella, he's just such a trooper and this really slows him down.  Boo. 

Weekend was mostly good.  Went to a wedding on Saturday that was tons of fun, I ended up putting one of H's coworkers in his place because he was acting like a 15 year old at his first high school dance while trashed.  :-/ 

I also finally got over the female issues, which honestly helped immensely.  Obviously I have control issues.  :)
  • Options
    6fsn said:

@Tawillers Is it terrible my first thought was "at least he's not contagious?"  I mean appendixes suck, but I think a family of stomach bugs might be worse.

No because when he first started throwing up I thought "really, the flu in may? Really?" I was mentally preparing myself.

And then when he went into detail about the pain I knew this was not the flu.
  • Options
    Weekend was fine.  Got some chores finished, started making plans for backpacking this weekend, got some group stuff finished...basically just the same thing as always, with more sleep.

Oh I did apparently sleep through a major thunderstorm and tornado warning.  We even had the windows open!  I had to take 2 Benadryl b/c my allergies were driving me nuts and they knocked me the 'eff out, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards