Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Dates on normal postcards

Has anyone done their Save the Dates on existing postcards? I'm considering just buying a box of 100 pretty postcards and either running them through my printer or hand-writing them. My printer will accept paper that size, but it does curl it some; I'd have to print a blank page on the other side or use an iron to flatten them back out. Hand-writing on 80-90 cards sounds tedious, but doing a few at a time until it's time to send them is probably feasible since we're still almost a year out.

I have a slightly obsessive love for pretty stationery, so I kind of just want to buy a box of 100 pretty postcards anyway and this is a really good excuse. I'd considered just doing custom postcards that I could print 4 to a page (and thus with much less curl from my laser printer's heat), but then I'm limited to B&W only and only fonts and vector graphics (or buying a new printer or having a pro print them).

Am I insane? Should I just have some custom ones done on Vistaprint?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates on normal postcards

• Has anyone done their Save the Dates on existing postcards? I'm considering just buying a box of 100 pretty postcards and either running them through my printer or hand-writing them. My printer will accept paper that size, but it does curl it some; I'd have to print a blank page on the other side or use an iron to flatten them back out. Hand-writing on 80-90 cards sounds tedious, but doing a few at a time until it's time to send them is probably feasible since we're still almost a year out.

I have a slightly obsessive love for pretty stationery, so I kind of just want to buy a box of 100 pretty postcards anyway and this is a really good excuse. I'd considered just doing custom postcards that I could print 4 to a page (and thus with much less curl from my laser printer's heat), but then I'm limited to B&W only and only fonts and vector graphics (or buying a new printer or having a pro print them).

Am I insane? Should I just have some custom ones done on Vistaprint?
    STDates are optional, so do whatever you want.  Personally, I'd do whatever is cheaper.  Also, not everybody has to receive a STDate.  So, if you want to personally hand write a handful to mail to your VIPs, that would probably be enough.  A "Save the Date" can also be a phonecall to a friend saying, "Hey, we booked it!  Our wedding is in Springfield on June 16th of next year.  Put it on your calendar and plan to be there!  Squee!"
  • Just an fyi - we did save the dates from vistaprint and I discovered that if I clicked on the options for "save the dates" on the website everything was much more expensive than when I clicked on "postcards" (under 'marketing materials')

We made postcards and I got 100 of them in full color on both sides for less than $20. Still have a giant pile and they came out great. I honestly don't even know what the difference would be between the ones I bought and the ones in the save the date section that cost way more, but love mine

If you like the idea of doing them yourself though, maybe try out a few on your home printer, make sure you like how they turn out. If they look the way you want, go with it! I'm a crafter so I definitely understand the desire to make them yourself. You could also buy the pretty postcards and use them as thank you notes later.
  • Most of the STDs on Vistaprint seem to be flat cards with envelopes, which would jump the cost all by itself. The rest of the difference is probably just the wedding "tax". Thanks for the heads up on the normal postcards; I think that might be the way to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards