Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

On a Budget!!

Is it weird that I got my wedding cake from Sam's Club?? I got a three tiered cake and two sheet cake for  $150.  We are on a tight budget!!

Re: On a Budget!!

• Options
    No, it is not weird. Most people on these boards have some kind of budget. Spending a fortune on a very elaborate wedding cake is not necessary. Just make sure you take good care of your guests by making sure there's a chair for every butt, no gaps, no cash bars, no b-listing, and that there is enough food for the time of day (cake and punch receptions are find between meal times). 

No one on here will give you flak on these boards for making budget friendly choices as long as those choices allow for your guests to be comfortable. 
  • Options
    nope, not at all.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

Is it weird that I got my wedding cake from Sam's Club?? I got a three tiered cake and two sheet cake for  $150.  We are on a tight budget!!

Not weird at all!  Honestly, most of the warehouse places seem to do a pretty good job!  We go to Costco and I don't think I've ever been disappointed in anything I've ever gotten there.
  • Options
    What would that be weird? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards