Wedding Woes

Thursday

This week has been sllloooowwww.

BIL may not make it to help with the barn build this weekend if SIL isn't better.  :(  She wasn't feeling much better last night.  

The kids were insane last night.  DefConn was crying over everything.  The kiddo was extra sassy. 

DH is off tomorrow.  YAY.  He needs a 4 day weekend.  His employees have been extra special this week. 

I'm going to bunco tonight at my sister's.  I can't wait.  We're finding out if she's having a boy or girl. 

Re: Thursday

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    last night was preschool graduation.
    At the SUPER expensive country club down the road.  We are, officially, probably the poorest people in daycare--other than the teachers who work there just so they can get free childcare for their kids.  We're pulling her in a month to have summer off.
    (also, the highlight of graduation was the kid who, when they were reading their likes/dislikes/want to be when they grow up, had the answer of "a shark" for when he grows up.  The girl who wanted to be Maleficent was #2)

We all met for dinner before, and the kids were literally running around and Buffy found that full tummy + exercise + nerves from being on stage = puke.  She got better.  And luckily I had grabbed the diaper bag so could strip her down and change her.  she's 100% better--actually was within 10 minutes.

I think I've got my weekend booked already--and I also have tickets to fly out for baby sis's babyshower soon.

YAY for long weekend.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Today is going to be looooong.  6let has an ENT appointment 20 minutes east at 10:15.  Max has one 30 minutes west of there at 2:10.  Normally I'd just pack a picnic and hit a playground in between, but we can't do playgrounds with Max.  It's hardly worth coming home, but I think that's what's going to happen. 

We have baseball at 6:15.  Hopefully it's like Tuesday and is over before 8.

Otherwise it's business as usual today.

• Soren's now ten weeks old. No improvement in my milk output -- I pump 5.5 ounces during my ten hours at work -- but he's doing well with his supplemental formula as well as donor milk from another mom. Another woman has donated her entire freezer stash to Soren because her baby won't take a bottle, so I'm picking that up today. He comfort nurses like a champ, so I at least have that going for me. He's also adored by everyone who meets him -- it's my day off today, but I'm stopping by work because three coworkers begged me to bring him by for a visit.

This weekend, we're starting the move back to our newly renovated home. We're also hopefully going to the renaissance festival with friends; I also hope I'll be able to take Soren's two monthish pictures if the weather's okay.

• Yesterday was another slog to get the kids.  Crawling along, and an ambulance comes flying up the on ramp, followed by a police car a few minutes later and then a fire truck.  So I knew there was nothing good up ahead.  Luckily, the accident didn't look that bad, but it sure effed up traffic.  Two days in a row of not having time to grab dinner before swim, throwing some fig bars into the back seat, and hustling everyone home afterward for dinner and bedtime. 

Weather.com says 20% chance of rain this afternoon/evening, public radio said scattered showers and t-storms, so maybe we'll get a break and swim will be canceled again.

My brother and his GF bought a house!  So excited for them.  My brother has been wanting to buy for a long time, but right before he and XW started looking she told him she was leaving.  Yay flags for them.  My mother, of course, is all "Doesn't anyone get married anymore?"  Which I don't really think is fair, since he wasn't the one who wanted out of that marriage, and now he's really happy again. 

Three meetings today, don't love any of them.  C'est la vie.

Looking forward to the long weekend.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Morning!

Today has already kind of trickled away.  This week has gone quick and slow, not sure how that works.

I'm just super tired today, TIRED.  It sucks, but I'll keep on pushing.  The idea of running for 60+ minutes after work isn't appealing but I need to, so I'll do that.  I hope the weather cooperates, it'd be nice to do it outside. 

The weekend will be random, I'm sure.  No huge plans---youngest SIL has her HS graduation, and some informal going out to lunch idea popped up, but not sure about that either.  Hmmm.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Juche!!!! How in the world has it been 10 weeks already? Wow!

• PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Hello all. I got back from "vacation" on Monday night and it's been crazy. DD and I went up to see my sister and do her bridal shower which was awesome. I also got to see my mom's side of the family. Work has been busy this week, which is good I guess. DD and DS are in a different daycare this week because our provider has vacation and it's killing me. DD grabs onto my legs and screams when I drop her off (I'm making DH do drop off tomorrow because I can't take it), and DS is just pathetic about it all. I cannot wait for the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards