Wedding Woes
Options

I want to force my wife to listen to my mom's yammering

Dear Prudence, 
My wife and my mother get along fine, though they’re not very close and have little in common (besides me). My mother is a talker; there’s nothing objectionable in the content, but she can yammer on for hours about trivial nonsense, which is something I’ve learned to accept. My wife is pregnant with our second child and hormonal. Next month, we are all carpooling to a wedding about four hours away. My wife has told me she plans to wear headphones for the entire drive because, in her sensitive state, my mom would drive her nuts. I sympathize with my wife, but I think the plan is terribly rude and that she just needs to suck it up. She’s given me an ultimatum: If I object to the headphones, she won’t come to the wedding. Who’s right?

—Mom Talks a Blue Streak

Re: I want to force my wife to listen to my mom's yammering

• Options

Who was the idiot who agreed to the carpool?

• Options
    "Who's right?"

Gee. Perhaps it's the woman who's growing a human for you? GROWING A HUMAN. And trying to be polite and not start any shit in the car on the way to a wedding. 

God, Mrs. Conn, you're a fussy little prig today, aren't you? ;) 
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    what the what, yo. on long drives, the only person not allowed to wear headphones is the driver.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm not pregnant and dread 4 MINUTES in the car with my in-laws.  4 hours would require headphones or a flask or both.
  • Options
    The one who is KU in their relationship - that's who's right!!!  I'd recommend he go purchase a movie series that'll take at least 12 hours to watch, AND a portable TV/DVD player for the car!!! (because he'll need it for the LO in a year anyway...)
  • Options
    She should tell her MIL she's listening to the Bible on tape. Who could argue with that, yo?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards