Not Engaged Yet

SUPER FRIDAY!

Woohoo! We made it!

I apologize in advance that everything on my mind is WR right now...

I am SO PSYCHED for my 3.5 day weekend, which will begin in approximately 3.5 hours! FI was paranoid about packing all of the booze and cornhole stuff into my car this morning (What if someone breaks into your car? What if you get into an accident on your way to work and break all the bottles?) so I need to drive home after work THEN stuff my car with as much crap as I can, and then drive out to my mom's house. We have so much stuff to get out there, I think FI is going to have to make an extra trip out sometime next week.

Last night we re-did our seating arrangements AGAIN. We realized we had a few tables with 9 people at them, and really didn't want to crowd anyone so much, so we had to revise. I don't think it's perfect, but at least the only people that won't LOVE where they're sitting aren't people I care too much about offending. I think we're done with that now!

Tomorrow morning I get to go pick up my dress and put it on one last time before my wedding day, AND I get to try it on with @buddysmom80's sash for the first time! I may or may not share pictures on Tuesday :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: SUPER FRIDAY!

• HAPPY FRIDAY!

@hummingbird125 I'm SO EXCITED for your wedding, I agree with your FI, it's better to go home and pack your stuff and head out to your mom's house. Also I can't wait to see my sash with your dress, I hope it works out.

Today I'm working, then I'll probably go out for happy hour because I don't feel like cooking dinner.

Tomorrow we have nothing planned, I might finish planting some flowers that I bought last week. I hate marigolds but they work the best in my front yard so I'm procrastinating planting them. Then I have to plant grass see where our old shed used to be. Oh and mow the lawn....

Sunday, H and I want to do something but I don't knwo what, this weekend has been kind of a bust since it's sandwiched between two AWESOME weddings.

Monday I'm cleaning and organizing the house since @csousa1 is staying over Friday night before we take the ferry to @hummingbird125's wedding and I don't want her to think I'm a hoarder.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • HI @buddysmom80! Good to see you around here :) 

I caught a 24 hour bug that DH had on Tuesday, so I was sick all last night. I called in sick today and will be watching a Friends marathon and sleeping all day. DH took the morning off to take care of me, which was really sweet (apparently I did a really good job on Tuesday taking care of him... he keeps mentioning it!).

Tomorrow we have the DMB concert, and then nothing planned for the rest of the weekend. Maybe lunch with some friends, maybe a baseball game, maybe some cleaning out of our basement. It's nice not to have the whole weekend planned to the hilt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Hummingbird125 - Please share the photos of the dress!!!

This weekend it's going to RAIN RAIN RAIN.  We've had ~20" just this month.  That's as much as we get in a year sometimes!  Everything is past flood state, so it's not fun.  Saturday and Monday we've got more severe weather coming, yay.

H IS COMING HOME TONIGHT!!!  We finally got to FT last night.  It's the first real conversation we've had since he left on Monday.

I've got a ton of things to do today, which is good because it'll keep me busy until I go to the airport to pick up H at midnight.

Sunday we're having a birthday party for Baxter and Bella, so I need to get some fun treats for that.  I'm using my new ice cream maker for the first time!  Can't wait.

Today is my last day of PiYo!!  I've never been able to complete the full program for one reason or another, so I am pumped.  I'm going to make a hybrid work out schedule of PiYo and running for the next 2 months.  
  • I think it's hard to be concerned about anything not WR when you're this close @hummingbird125!
    FI won't even leave change visible in his car because he's afraid someone will break into it so he definitely wouldn't leave a car full of booze, boxes, etc either! He's SO paranoid.

Hopefully we get out of work 2 hours early today- they usually do that on a holiday weekend. Then I need to go food shopping since I was too lazy yesterday and traffic was bad on the way home. I might for a walk with my friend and then hang out with FI.

Tomorrow hopefully I'll go for another walk or have a workout session- the wedding is so close that I've kind of given up on actually thinking my body is going to change at all so hopefully I feel good about myself when the day is here. It's such a struggle :(
    Then I have an appt for an oil change at the mall so I will walk around while I'm waiting for my car. I'll head to Francesca's to see if I can find any wedding jewelry. I'll probably spend the rest of the day hoping FI is having a good time for his bachelor party and it's not awful.

Sunday and Monday we have nothing planned. I hope to get all my responses so we can work on the seating chart because I know that's going to be awful.

• Hey @cu97tiger it's good to be back, both my supervisor and manager are not in our office today so I can do the whole working/TKing thing again, I sure do miss it! I hope you feel better, but if you don't, I'll gladly take those DMB tickets off your hands!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Happy Friday! @cocobellaf, want to build an ark and leave the mosquitoes off this time?

Yesterday was a good day for the first draft of my dissertation went to my adviser. I consequently went out and had high-calorie food and two alcoholic drinks, each of which was probably the equivalent of 2-3 drinks ... I'm feeling it a little but it was worse last evening. H and I also finished the DVD and just need to make jewel case inserts, which pretty much just means we need to print them. We were able to use the favor label and scale it up with photoshop.

Otherwise today I will write a data management plan, then kick back in my office. I have earned it.
  • edited May 2015
    @KeptInStitches - With all this rain, our backyard is like a lake!  I could totally build an ark!

Found out I get to leave 59 minutes early!  HOORAY!!!!  I'm off at 10:04 today!

• Hi Ladies! Everyone's weekends sound so fun!!

@Hummingbird125 We want dress pics!!!!

We don't really have any plans at all for this weekend. I have to clean the house though, it's a mess!! I'm hoping we are able to find SOMETHING to do. I know my mom wants to go for a bike ride this weekend, so we should hopefully doing that.

My boss has already stated that he doesn't feel like working today (which is no different then any other day) so he might be letting us out early today which would be awesome!! 

YAY THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • happy anniversay @beanbot2002!

• Morning!
    I am SO glad I told my cowokers I won't be in until 12:30 today. I really needed to sleep, I had sinus/allergy problems the last couple nights which really affected me. I feel great this morning!

Still no call back about the job. Trying to be patient but that's not really working. After my oh-so-short shift today I'm gonna head to the library and get the rest of my homework done so I can focus on studying just for my tests tomorrow and Sunday. Unfortunately no three day weekend for me because that just doesn't exist in retail... oh well!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @hummingbird125 EEEEEEE Happy wedding weekend!!!

Today sucks. J didn't get the job and was really distraught over it Wednesday night. He ended up getting really sick, too, and I was up until almost 5am taking care of him and checking on him. I had to miss work because I was unable to get out of bed due to the exhaustion of it.

We were supposed to go to IKEA tomorrow, but my cells are ready for an experiment, so instead, I've got a 12-hour day tomorrow (again, second Saturday in a row), and then we're going to do IKEA Sunday. I might nap and/or get my tattoo touched up tomorrow while I'm on campus.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Update: Just got a REALLY nasty message in our group message between supervisors at work, the closer is apparently sick and even though he acknowledges that we all come in sick and suck it up, he "refuses to do that" so I guess now I'm closing, and probably opening tomorrow. SIGH.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015

Happy Memorial Day weekend! Hope everyone finds time to relax this weekend!

I'm going out to lunch with a few coworkers and all our interns, because one of the women thought it would be fun to invite all of them.  Oh and we're going for pizza so they want me to call ahead, but I have no idea what anyone wants or how many people they've invited now.  Major eye rolls.

Tonight I'm going to finally test out the paint for the tub.  It takes 3 coats, so I'll probably stop by tomorrow morning to do the second coat and finish on Sunday.  Tomorrow night I'm having a girls night - margaritas and bbq!  I'm not sure of the plan for Sunday, but Monday is my bf's birthday so Sunday and Monday are up to him.

We joined one of those facebook yard sale pages and I found a 55in smart TV for $600, waitiing for my bf to decide if he wants it.  If not, @swazzle I can send you the info. 

@beanbot2002 LOVE those shoes!!  
  • @labro We shall see lol. Baby Peach is moving around like crazy right now. I want to think it's because she like the food I'm eating but it's just because she is a baby and babies fail their arms and kick their legs lol.
  • hi ladies! i had a half day at work today so i was super busy and didnt have time to post earlier. just wanted to say have a GREAT weekend to all of you!!!

@twodimes - enjoy your festivities!!
    @cu97tiger - feel better!!
    @cocobellaf - is that normal to see armadillos running around?? hes so cute!!
    @phira - sorry about H not getting the job and getting sick. what a bummer :( hugs to both of you.
  • phiraphira member
    @labro Yeah, it was a very unfortunate day (and night!).
    Anniversary
  • I've been too busy at work on a Friday before a long weekend.   I'm just ready for the weekend to start.  I'm hoping we get let out early.   Tonight we are hanging out with friends. Tomorrow will be running errands and grocery shopping.  I bought a new laptop last night, H gets discounts through work so I got a better model than I would have if I had just gone to best buy.  It should arrive next week.   Sunday hopefully H will begin preparing the new walkway in the backyard.  I can't wait for this project just done and over with really.  Monday we are going to some friend's for a BBQ.  I still have to try to get in some study time this weekend. Other than that it should be good. 

@beanbot2002 I love those shoes!

Anniversary

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @beanbot2002 those shoes are so pretty! 

@hummingbird125 dress pics! Also happy wedding weekend! And I love hearing about all of the WR things too, especially since FI and I are kind of at a standstill with planning since we have all of the major things taken care of for now. I like living vicariously through you ;)

@phira I'm sorry that J didn't get the job. 

@cu97tiger I hope you feel better! 

Today is actually a pretty slow day at work. I have a few hours worth of work but nothing that I can't handle (just making a powerpoint for my meeting at 4 pm today). We picked up FI's motorcycle last night. There was no damage apart from cosmetic and a bent rear brake, so it was a very quick and inexpensive fix. But, we did have to buy FI a new helmet, as they are really only good for 1 crash. So that was an expense that we weren't expecting, but we did find the same model helmet as he had previously on clearance because it had a design that didn't sell well. The design matches his jacket better than his old plain white helmet did! It was still $400 (that's the clearance price; full price was $600), but its a top of the line one that we proved protected him already, so we bought it for him. 

As far as weekend plans go, we are moving into the townhouse this weekend! We pick up the keys tomorrow morning and are having the washer/dryer and the fridge delivered tomorrow, the internet set up, and our amazing Craigslist find of a $60 patio dining set! The family is moving and the set is virtually brand new (maybe a year or two old, but in great condition), and on top of that they live in the same neighborhood as our townhouse and offered to deliver it to us with their truck so that we don't have to rent a U-haul! Now we just need a grill! I will be grill shopping online on my breaks today, so that maybe we can have a Memorial Day cookout after all! Any recommendations? I keep seeing that Weber is one of the best brands as the parts are easy to replace if they break.

The movers come on Sunday, and then we are going to be unpacking and organizing Sunday and Monday. FBIL also wants to come down and visit with us and help in any way that he can, so that will be nice. 

AW alert but here is my sexy FI in his new helmet and our patio set (all four cushions come with it; I'm not sure why one chair has it missing here but this was sent to me by the owner before we went to look at it). Photobucket is being really stupid and not allowing me to size down the patio set picture anymore, sorry that it is huge! ETA: Nevermind, it sizes correctly in the post. Not sure why it changes in my comment editor. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AuroraRose41 Sounds like a crazy weekend! I love the new to you patio set! We have a Weber grill and we love it. It's not gas though, H wanted a charcoal grill so he could use it to smoke things. Weber is a great brand though! You can't go wrong!

• @labro it will be! I am hoping to get some rest in but I am not sure when that will happen. Thanks for the recommendation! I think FI wants a gas grill, but I am glad to hear that the brand we are looking into seems like a good choice! Also have fun visiting your friend and her little one and going to the lakehouse!

• phiraphira member
    Argggg didn't have enough cells for one of my two experiments this weekend. I'll have enough by tomorrow, but then I'd have another 12 hour workday on Sunday, so nope. I can't do it two days in a row.
    Anniversary
  • @labro Yes I got them in that color! They arrived yesterday. I love them!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• And my only meeting today at 4 pm just got rescheduled to next week!!!!! That's a huge relief as I am realizing my data doesn't match what the other company is reporting, so I need to call them and figure out why there are discrepancies (especially since they sent me the data logs...), and I have more time to do that now before presenting this to my boss and other higher ups. Crisis averted! 

• @cu97tiger BF and I are going to the DMB concert tonight too! I've never been to one of their concerts before, definitely looking forward to it!

Last night we had an impromptu BBQ with coworkers, which didn't end until midnight! Concert tonight, then no plans for the rest of Memorial Day Weekend, which is fine by me!! Only 4 more weeks of school (18 days, but who's counting?!)
  • @knockonwood5127 - How did you enjoy the concert? My DH, who has been to way more shows than me, likes to hear the rare songs, I like to hear the ones I know the words to, so we both came home happy. Crush is my absolute favorite and I was also hoping for Cornbread, so all around it was a good night! Getting out of that parking lot SUCKS though. It took us over an hour, and there were still lines of people waiting to leave.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger We actually left right before the end of the concert (BF had to be up early this morning) so we beat the rush out of there. I've been to enough concerts there to know what you mean though! Sometimes it just takes forever to get out - it's nuts!

I thought the concert was good - they sound great live! I was hoping to hear a few more of their popular songs, since I don't know a lot of their other songs, but we still enjoyed it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards