Chit Chat
Options

DESSERTS

2»

Re: DESSERTS

• Options
    doeydo said:

What did Ashley say before it was erased?  People were just talking desserts :S

What is going on? Or has been going on?

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    AlexisA01 said:

doeydo said:

What did Ashley say before it was erased?  People were just talking desserts :S

What is going on? Or has been going on?
    Let's please keep the discussion on DESSERTS only! Desserts are a wonderful discussion topic, and a wonderful way to tell people you care about them! 

Mrs. Frances 

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    All of them.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

Don't forget the real whipped cream.  No canned stuff. No cool whip.

Make sure you chill the beaters and bowl ahead of time by placing in the freezer!
  • Options
    MobKaz said:

Make sure you chill the beaters and bowl ahead of time by placing in the freezer!
    This is a miracle. Whipped cream stabilizer. Tasteless, odorless, keeps whipped cream from going runny or collapsing for hours. Yes, hours. 
    I love this stuff. 
  • Options

MobKaz said:

This is a miracle. Whipped cream stabilizer. Tasteless, odorless, keeps whipped cream from going runny or collapsing for hours. Yes, hours. 
    I love this stuff. 
    I'll have to try that. I've made my own stabilizer out of plain, dissolved gelatin and it works pretty well. The cream lasts as long as the pie.

• Options
    TrixieJessTrixieJess member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    @southernbell0915, sorry this is late. My weekend got away from me.

1/2 cup (113
    grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces

4 ounces
    (115 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped

1 1/4 cups
    (250 grams) granulated white sugar

1 teaspoon
    pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1/2 cup (65
    grams) all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon
    salt

Cream Cheese
    Layer:

8 ounces
    (227 grams) full fat cream cheese, at room temperature

1/3 cup (65
    grams) granulated white sugar

1/2 teaspoon
    pure vanilla extract

1 large egg

Cream
    Cheese Brownies: 
    Preheat
    oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the
    oven. Have ready a 9 inch (23 cm) square baking pan that has been
    lined with parchment paper (or greased and floured).

In a
    heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and
    chocolate. Remove from heat and stir or whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract.
    Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the flour
    and salt and stir vigorously until the batter is smooth and glossy (about one
    minute). Remove 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the brownie batter and set it aside. Spread
    the remainder of the brownie batter evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan.

Then, in the
    bowl of your food processor (or with a hand mixer), process the cream cheese
    just until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg and process just until
    creamy and smooth (do not over process). Spread the cream cheese filling evenly
    over the brownie layer. Spoon 16 small dollops (4 rows with 4 dollops of
    brownie batter in each row) of the reserved brownie batter evenly on top of the
    cream cheese filling. Run a knife or wooden skewer back and forth through the
    two batters until you have a marble effect.

Bake in the
    preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the brownies are set and the cream
    cheese is just beginning to brown. (A toothpick inserted into the brownie comes
    out with just a few moist crumbs.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to
    cool completely. Then cover and refrigerate the brownies until they are firm
    enough to cut into squares (several hours or even overnight). Once chilled,
    remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the ends of the foil and
    transfer to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut into 16 squares. It is a
    good idea to have a damp cloth nearby to wipe your knife between cuts. These
    brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. Serve cold or at
    room temperature.

ETF: Formatting - WTF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards